You are never going to believe this

searcyfarms

58 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

I'll never believe you got an email......

I couldnt believe it either, i get one every 6 mos or so from someone randomly 

they even sent coupons to click on !!!

image.thumb.png.bb9e8bdfd7f1956fdc596981af0751a7.png

1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

I just got an email and HARBOR FREIGHT is having the BIGGEST SALE EVER 

Did you tell them it was your birthday? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

I couldnt believe it either, i get one every 6 mos or so from someone randomly 

they even sent coupons to click on !!!

image.thumb.png.bb9e8bdfd7f1956fdc596981af0751a7.png

They could be GIVING their merchandise away, and it still wouldn't be enough to entice me to enter one of their emporiums.

Wonder why Harbor Freight doesn't have a Chinee take out, or Chinee laundry as part of their retail 'experience' in each store?

At least Northern Tool still has some semblance of quality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

Did you tell them it was your birthday? 😀

nope but they probably have data mining thru our phones and email from clicking on this/that and know more about us than we might want to know 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

At least Northern Tool still has some semblance of quality.

I’ve got my eye on one of those Nortrac tractors so it can be the flagship of our fleet. I wonder if you can get one that is auto-steer ready? Looks like you can do some serious work with that dozer they sell too. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

Wonder why Harbor Freight doesn't have a Chinee take out, or Chinee laundry as part of their retail 'experience' in each store?

Given the quality of their products, do you really want to eat harbor freight take out? 
I mean theres bad Chinese, and then theres bad Chinese. 

• Haha 5

Years ago when I was still riding ditch, I had a farmer on my ride who was trying to round bale with a Nortrac tractor. Not near big enough for the job, had the hood off to try and keep it cool. I honestly think my M would have done a better job. I did end up going over with the 856 and a real baler to help the guy at least get his hay put up. Before next haying season he decided to buy a real tractor……

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Given the quality of their products, do you really want to eat harbor freight take out? 
I mean theres bad Chinese, and then theres bad Chinese. 

This IS true.  When I was in Japan, I tried what I think was a Chinese dish, shark fin soup, which, as I remember was basically tasteless water, and when I was in the PRC, the 'restaurant' at the old AMOCO staff house would make a somewhat edible scrambled egg and rice dish, along with the "ever increasing" bowl of soup.

I probably, like #44, ate dog, while I was there, as there were fly covered dog-appearing carcasses hanging in front of the butcher stalls that we would pass by on the way from the staff house in Tainjin to our workshop at the harbor in Tang-gu.

After eating at the local Chinee 'food' place here in town, with the resulting puke and squirt fest, I vowed NEVER again to eat Chinee food, even if Hop Sing himself prepared it.  That session was easily the equal of the night after eating the buffet at the Pizza Hut in Hiawatha, KS, but NOT quite as bad as the extra day I spent at the motel after eating at the KFC buffet in McPherson, KS.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

but NOT quite as bad as the extra day I spent at the motel after eating at the KFC buffet in McPherson, KS.

A friend here tells of having had a dose of the Colonel"

And there is that emporium known as "Who Shat That"

• Haha 1

A friend of mine liked buying their junk. He said it was great, you used it until it broke, then you take it to the scrapyard and get all your money back. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ian Beale said:

A friend here tells of having had a dose of the Colonel"

here we call it "the Rotten Rooster"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DaveinSD said:

Years ago when I was still riding ditch, I had a farmer on my ride who was trying to round bale with a Nortrac tractor. Not near big enough for the job, had the hood off to try and keep it cool. I honestly think my M would have done a better job. I did end up going over with the 856 and a real baler to help the guy at least get his hay put up. Before next haying season he decided to buy a real tractor……

There is a horse barn near me that bought two, yes two, tractors brand new from Cabela’s. They never did anything other than pull a hay rake. They thought they got a great deal because they were so much cheaper than John Deere, that was until the first one blew the rear end out. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

"MIkata", a knock off of MAkita.

Probably the rejects of both De Walt and Makita.

There is a website called The Garage Journal, or something on that order, and there are more than one poster, who actually believe that Snap-On ratchets, screwdrivers and the like are "MADE by Harbor Freight, because HF has copied the shape and color of the Snap-on tool.

Regarding MAC, are they still in business? The last time I was on one of their trucks, the inventory consisted mainly of knives, MAC branded knick-knacks, MAC, branded models, and very few tools, but that was years ago.

I for one detest being chinesium anything, but often di=ue to "finances" or availability am forced use harbor freight items. I tend to go through a fair amount of cutoff wheels so have played with the different brands. any of the chinesium brands seem to wear at about twice the rate of DeFault and Forney. Another brand that does reasonable service is the Diablo brand. All those are readily available where I'm at and some other brands available at the local gas supplier which I only visit on occasion.

I've found that you spend the same amount of money cheap chinesium vs other more spendy stuff.  

• Like 1

Well, some of their stuff actually has improved. No more ratchets with four teeth, wrenches with decent finish, etc. They even have an upscale line of tools.

Having said that they still are no comparison to a Snap-On or Matco and are not for the guy making his living turning wrenches. What I've found is that whenever I need a tool at the hangar it's at the shop and vice versa, so I've been buying HF stuff for the hangar just to save me a run to the shop. I haven't broken a ratchet or anything but then airplanes are not salt corroded rusted like road vehicles and just are not knuckle busting machines. Much work, even when I worked on big jets was done with a 1/4" drive set as planes tend to have lots of small fasteners instead of a few large ones so I've got lots of Snap-On quarter inch stuff. Lots of the HF wrenches are a bit clumsy and need to be ground for clearance; their upscale line a little better.

• Like 1

They have one good product line......US General tool boxes......can't find anything that good for that money.......everything else......run away as quick as possible.