460 Clutch Replacement

AKwelder

if I go to replace the clutch, well actually the throw out bearing, on my Farmall 460 what other things should I be looking at while I haver her split?  Was planning on a pressure plate, clutch, throw out bearing, and piolet bearing for parts, and if needed I will have the flywheel resurfaced.  

Any other items to keep in mind?

You'll seen a lot of black gunck inside after you split it Depending on what type of work your doing with it I'd go with a solid clutch disc surface the flywheel too and use good Quality  parts , I wouldn't worry about the engine rear main seal unless its obviously leaking inspect the pto spines for wear and any transmission leaks there also 

5 minutes ago, VacDaddyt said:

Look at the splines that go into the clutch pressure plate on the pto side to see how bad they are worn. That also run the hydraulics.

No need when he's replacing the pressure plate it will already have new splines

6 hours ago, VacDaddyt said:

Look at the splines that go into the clutch pressure plate on the pto side to see how bad they are worn. That also run the hydraulics.

Guess I need to look at how that works. 

Never been in one

Found this thread

fair enough. Thanks for the pointers.

regarding quality of parts. Any suggestions for buying or avoiding?  I am not farming with this tractor, but I would like to keep it in good enough condition to farm. And I sure don’t want to do it again.  

now I get to build some splitting stands

5 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Found this thread

fair enough. Thanks for the pointers.

regarding quality of parts. Any suggestions for buying or avoiding?  I am not farming with this tractor, but I would like to keep it in good enough condition to farm. And I sure don’t want to do it again.  

now I get to build some splitting stands

Don't know what shipping would be but Lehman tractor should be able to get what you need

5 hours ago, bitty said:

Don't know what shipping would be but Lehman tractor should be able to get what you need

Shipping is going to be what it is.  I use the tractor for snow removal, it pays its way