Pray for peace in Europe

acem

More killing. More hate. War is raging  in Europe and the middle east.

Biden is going to Israel. I think this is very dangerous. If someone manages to kill or even attack the president while he's in the area it could pull us into a war...

I read an interesting statement today. "The first casualty of war is the truth"

This world is a dangerous place.

Pray for peace in the world...

The USA has fired it first shot in the Israel Hamas war. Cruise missiles and drones were shot down by a guided missile cruiser in the Red Sea most likely fired from Yemen. They are trying to turn this into a regional war.

https://apnews.com/article/yemen-navy-warship-missiles-intercepted-2f5fc9c8a3737f762b29d5c53ec08a5b

Ukraine has landed enough troops across the dnipro river to take a town.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67058953.amp

Wars and rumors of wars.

We live in dangerous times...

Pray for peace...

A senior Hamas delegation traveled to Moscow today and met with the Kremlin as they did shortly before their attack on Israel. 

The war in Ukraine and Israel/Gaza are joined at the hip.

People are killing each other like it's going out of style.

We all just need to try to get along with each other.

Pray for peace.

People are very good at killing each other whether in Europe or the middle east.

Here's an article from a reporter visiting the front lines in Ukraine.

"Want to know what the Apocalypse will look like? Come here or any other war zone. "

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2023/10/28/dispatches-from-ukraines-front-lines-a-brigade-on-the-southern-front

pray for peace 

• 2 weeks later...

In Ukraine and Gaza/Israel the battles rage. Death and destruction. People are capable of terrible things. Lots of political posturing by all sides. Lies and decipt.

It would appear personal security is a priority in Israel now.

"Since the beginning of the war, more than 190,000 applications for weapons licenses have been submitted to the Ministry of National Security."

• 2 weeks later...

Israel and the Palestinians have a cease fire and are exchanging hostages/prisoners. 

It's still a big mess over there but at the bloodshed has at least slowed. Iran is backing fighters against US forces in Syria. I didn't even realize we were in Syria until this. We have numerous warships in the region. The Arab nations are on edge. 

I don't see how this war will end. 

They will go back to fighting soon...

Pray for peace.

Many of us say that the middle east has been fighting each other forever and there is nothing we can do to stop them.

In reality Europe has the same history except for the last half of the 20th century (due to the cold war fears of nuclear warfare). 

90 years ago the Soviets waged a war against the farmers in order to collectivise them into state run farms. This war was waged in all regions of the Soviet Union but Ukraine was particularly hard hit because it was the breadbasket of the Soviet Union and Ukraine had tried to be independent from Russia until it was subdued by the red army.

Millions of people died in the man made famines.

food is a powerful weapon.

Below is an interview with survivors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3ct1x93

And related articles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_famine_of_1930–1933

https://holodomor.ca/documenting-the-famine-of-1932-1933-in-ukraine-archival-collections-on-the-holodomor-outside-the-former-soviet-union/

The ceasefire is holding in Israel. Hostages and prisoners are being swapped. Maybe they can learn to get along.

The war in Ukraine is slowing down due to excessive mud. There has been a bad storm that caused a lot of damage and snow. Fighting continues on a lesser scale.

Myanmar's (Burma) civil war is heating up. 

Peace sells. Who's buying?

Ukraine has bombed two trains in eastern Russia, north of Mongolia. One in a tunnel and the other on a bridge. These are supposedly routs used to bring in military supplies from north Korea or China?

Those attacks are a long way from Ukraine.

Israel and Gaza is at it again. Neither Israel or Hamas is ready for peace.

It appears the civil war in Myanmar is gaining intensity.

Venezuela is preparing to invade Guyana.

Peace sells

Who's buying?

Ukraine/Russia is slowing down because of terrible weather. I fear the winter will be especially tough for those marines who crossed the dnipro river.

Israel and Gaza are really at it again. Peace talks are over for now. Below is a pic of two female IDF soldiers.

Venezuela has 'voted' to invade or 'annex' 3/4 of Guyana. They are said to be massing troops at the border. 

China is getting much more aggressive toward Taiwan. 

I believe the Hamas attack on Israel, Venezuela  war mongering and Chinese threatening of Taiwan is being encouraged by Russia. All these things divert aid and support from Ukraine.

image.thumb.png.aa1a4dc2c716a33b8ee632c31255de4a.png

One soldier appears to be carrying a CAR15 or M16 converted to a carbine. Notice the A1 upper and old style collapsible stock. That's an old rifle. 

Getting reports of lots of GPS spoofing in the middle east but not so much near Ukraine.

Apparently Iran and Israel are suing various electronic warfare to spoof or otherwise confuse gps and aircraft avionics computers.

Could be nobody is getting close enough to Ukraine to find out. Or it's not being reported in English speaking news.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erictegler/2023/12/05/gps-spoofing-in-the-middle-east-is-now-capturing-avionics/amp/

From the above article

The spoofed signals have thus fooled both the GPS and INS navigation subsystems within the FMS. The resulting inaccurate position information may then be passed on to the aircraft’s autopilot, fuel/range calculation and synthetic vision subsystems among others.

Spoofing has effectively captured the airplane and its crew as happened during the incidents reported in September. “This was as dangerous as it gets,” Humphreys affirms. “Pilots were as lost as they could get. They had to call air traffic control and ask for turn-by-turn directions.

• 2 weeks later...

Venezuela is still threatening Guyana but hopefully it's a bluff.

The revolution is still hot in myanmar/Burma.

Ukrainia/Russia and Israel/Gaza wars are still baths of blood...

Interesting article about the costs of supporting Ukraine vs not and allowing the Russians to win and take over Ukraine. It would be much more expensive to defend Europe from Russia if Ukraine falls than to support Ukraine's  war efforts. It's a good read.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/high-price-losing-ukraine

• 2 weeks later...

Ukraine/Russia is in the fall mud stage for now and will be until the ground freezes. The battles may increase then if either side can accumulate enough extra men and materials, doubtful at this time. 

Ukraine has changed their Christmas to December 25: to match western Europe.

Israel and Gaza are killing like nobody's business. I doubt there will be real peace there for a long time. 

Because of the red sea attacks many ships are going around the cape of good hope (below Africa) for safety. It is a sobering thought that a relatively minor terrorist militia group can threaten global trade in this manner. 

Venezuela seems to be backing down from it's threats of invading Guyana.

The revolution contains in Burma.

There is fighting in parts of Africa.

I guess it's like Cain and Able.

Pray for peace. 

Sometimes I get that sinking feeling that all these wars and flare ups are nothing more to distract the general population from the truth "the enemy within" 

The world has gone nuts and I reckon that comes from forgetting what the ww2 generation fought for. If they where still here or younger they would be givin' this current generation a lickin' 

• Like 1

One of my friends is dating a Ukrainian woman.   The stories she tells of the invasion sadden my heart. The photos of the fertile farm fields all tore up with battle scars and military junk seems such a waste of food.   We are basically a stupid species.

• Like 1

Many soldiers will be spending Christmas in a trench this Christmas in Ukraine.

I don't expect Christmas is a big deal in Gaza to either the Palestinians (Muslim) or Israel (Jewish). It's just another day of killing...

The Christmas celebration is cancelled in Bethlehem because of the war.

Merry Christmas

Peace on earth 

Good will to men.

https://apnews.com/article/bethlehem-christmas-israel-hamas-war-e408a3e48d18c69a7a0b018505cdc732

• 4 weeks later...

War is grinding on. 

Israel and Gaza is spilling over to the red sea, Yemmin and Syria. They claim over 25,000 dead in Gaza alone.

The rebels in Burma/Myanmar are continuing to gain ground. 

Guyana and Venezuela seems to have settled down a bit. 

Ukraine and Russia are still stuck in trench warfare and street fighting in the frozen wasteland. 

Below is a pic of a drone attack on a gas terminal near St Petersburg Russia. 

image.thumb.png.2e399d44da8e50ccf4f0029b5dfbb589.png

At some point I am afraid it is inevitable that Ukraine will run out of people to feed into the meat grinder.  It is a war of attrition and Russia has more people.  I'm not saying that is fair, just a fact.

• Like 1

It's definitely reducing the population of both sides. Gaza too.

Somehow I don't think these will end from lack of manpower.

I think one side or the other will either develop a tactic/technology that will overcome the stalemate or one side will run short of war material.

Logistics and tactics are huge in war.

Russia is banking on a Trump presidential victory. They think he will cut off Ukrainian aid. I don't think it will be that simple for Russia.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 11:00 AM, Rawleigh99 said:

At some point I am afraid it is inevitable that Ukraine will run out of people to feed into the meat grinder.  It is a war of attrition and Russia has more people.  I'm not saying that is fair, just a fact.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:25 AM, acem said:

It's definitely reducing the population of both sides. Gaza too.

Somehow I don't think these will end from lack of manpower.

Going off memory from when I looked it up early on with the Putin/Zelensky fracas I think Ukraine has 1/3 the people and 1/10 the GDP.