Pray for peace in Europe

acem

My daughter and I started a little fundraiser. CE7730ED-B3FD-4718-B4B7-14DB8AC27FFA.thumb.jpeg.0c5d6c172e7f8819408648553e8a4069.jpegD0561BBE-83DB-48C6-AEB8-05DE258BF1F3.thumb.jpeg.96a207fcd7e49fd823ba108470dbd018.jpegThis is the third batch. $100 each and $50 is going to be donated. Costs me + or - $50 to make them with the price of material now. My almost 17 year old son asked me why I wouldn’t charge more and make $10 on each one. Told him this project wasn’t to make money, he’s close enough to 18 and I really don’t want to see him have to go to war. Although it doesn’t probably amount to much I’ll try to do what I can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The consequences of this war are big. Automobile factories in Europe are shut down, because there is no delivery of wiring harnesses, most of them came from Ukrain. There also is a shortage of grain on its way, as Ukrain is the largest grain producer on the European continent. We Europeans are really going to feel the consequences of this. Fuel prices are sky high, with quite a few countries lowering the taxes on fuel, but its just not enough.

Farmers and contractors are really struggling with the high diesel price, as the price increased with >30% in a few weeks time. Not to mention AdBlue, from 20 cents per liter to 90 cents per liter!

• Like 2

I think this is one of the clearest, most impartial explanations of what's happening in Ukraine.  Eric Margolis has been studying and writing about this part of the world for years.  A very knowledgeable man with no agenda that I can detect.

Those familiar with Russian history know that wars usually begin with disastrous muddles.  It’s the Russian way.

But Russians are also renowned for surmounting great obstacles after enormous sacrifices and finally achieving victory.  World War II, in which the Soviet Union lost around 8.6 million soldiers killed, is a mighty example.

Right now, Russia is in its typical early war muddle in Ukraine, which not so long ago was an integral part of the Soviet Union/Russia.  The initial Russian offensive in Ukraine has broken down and ground to a halt.  NATO spokesmen and anti-Russian Ukrainians are crowing about an apparent military defeat for Moscow’s invasion forces.  Most estimations are absurdly exaggerated.....

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/03/eric-margolis/muddling-the-way-to-war/

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Very well written, though it expresses a VERY unpopular view.

21 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Most estimations are absurdly exaggerated.....

Winner, and these "estimations", i.e. LIES, are coming from the mouths of the MEDIA, who want nothing more than American involvement and the resultant military casualties.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a video of the people living in the bomb shelter under the steel plant in Mariupol. They will Very likely be dead soon.

Pray for peace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dangerous thoughts.

The West must take seriously the real and likely threat that Russia will annex southeastern Ukraine and the expand Russian nuclear doctrine to cover that newly annexed territory.

Ukraine and its Western partners likely have a narrow window of opportunity to support a Ukrainian counteroffensive into occupied Ukrainian territory before the Kremlin annexes that territory 

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-annexation-occupied-ukraine-putin’s-unacceptable-“-ramp”

Ukrainian defenders continued to fight in the Azovstal Plant in Mariupol despite horrific conditions and continued Russian attacks

5 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Better pray for peace world wide. 

Something else to consider.  Read at your own risk

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=245855

That's very true. It's why some people are saying that we need to move some manufacturing back to the US. Some things to consider as to why some want to keep things as they are. I AM NOT taking sides here. Just looking at opposing sides.

Keep in mind that our supply system is already stretched thin. 

1: Lithium-requires strip mining that is not environmentally friendly at all. There is supposed to be a mine opening up here in the US soon but you can bet with as much stink was raise about other types of strip mining this will PO some people too. 

2: Manufacturing of things that require a lot of human work is too expensive here in the us. Are we ready as a nation to experience a massive increase in consumer prices?

3: When we decrease the amount of stuff we are importing other nations will decrease the amount of stuff they import from us. We export over 2.3 TRILLION dollars worth of stuff every year. That is really the trigger for the great depression. We adopted isolationism after WWI. When we drastically decreased imports foreign nations decreased. imports. As business dropped off businesses started looking for the money from stock sales for share sold on credit. When they found out the money wasn't there and the stock exchanges tried calling in margins? That's what triggered the collapse on Wall Street. So we have to be careful. No one wants another world wide depression.

Now how this would be affected by another world war? I don't know. Us, China and Russia can target in real time ships on the ocean and attack with long range systems. The nonsense about lightly crewed ships? Well the merchant fleets of the world were sailing in lightly manned ships not built to take bomb and tornedo hits in WWII. Most hit sank because they didn't have to means to control the damage. So nothing there has changed. I think the thing to worry about is the major powers. That's us, China and Russia. I don't see a limited war if any of us goes to war with one of the other 2. I'm convinced that it would eventually go nuclear.

What I believe is important is that all items dealing with national security be manufactured or produced in the US when and where possible. Food is an extremely important thing. So are computer chips. Oil is one of the most important things. We found out just a couple of years ago that the US can (and in my opinion) should be energy independent.

Lot of stuff here to look at.

Rick  

• Like 2