Tractor wheel with adjustment

Drb

New here and I have a 95 2009 Farmall 95 that I have purchased used and looks like the rims and tires have been placed on the tractor to be at the widest weith and came with a 84” snow blower witch makes the rear tires wider then the blower.  I have been looking in to getting a loader and mower. With the rims installed  in there current position I would need a 96 inch bucket. If I reversed the rims from left to right I would be able to get away with a 86 inch bucket. My question is has anybody experience the difference on the to settings of the rim position. 

Without some kind of pics , its hard to say what type of wheels you have and other settings that may be possible

• Like 1

Yes, the manual will tell you all the valid rim/center combinations for various widths. They are typically designed so you can adjust width in 4" increments. Move the rims from the outside of the center to the inside, it moves the wheel in 2". Do that for both sides, and you get 4". The lugs on the wheel are offset to one side of center so moving the rims from side to side will drastically change the width of the tire. 

It's a LOT of work to muscle those tires around unless you've got a skidsteer, so it would pay to get the manual to see what the effect of your desired end configuration will be. The manual shows dimensions based on the center of the tires, but it's not a huge deal to just add the width of one tire to that to get your overall width.

I must be overlooking the manual. This is a 4x4 and looks to me I have only two settings and if I’m think correctly I would just move the rims from Left to Right to change the dish of of the rims. 
Looks like that would change each side by six inches. 
I was hoping to here from someone that has there set different to see how it felt on small slopes. 

68E9D45F-A242-4414-8C2C-32A966034B25.jpeg

FA617780-2433-4D1A-9400-19414414A323.jpeg

21F96C6D-2E60-4E38-B857-601402C82A64.jpeg

A500E63A-7114-4068-A510-75BE8F01A484.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Drb said:

I must be overlooking the manual. This is a 4x4 and looks to me I have only two settings and if I’m think correctly I would just move the rims from Left to Right to change the dish of of the rims. 
Looks like that would change each side by six inches. 
I was hoping to here from someone that has there set different to see how it felt on small slopes. 

You need to read your manual a little closer.

You can unbolt the center disc from the out wheel and change settings that way, too......

Travis

• Like 2

as far as slopes go the narrower you space it the less stable it is on slopes. Its had to quantify because of all the variables like load height,slope angle, type of material ( grass, ,gravel , clay, etc, and the skill of the opertator.

You can get 6 different wheel setting with the rims in the picture if not more. 1 center dish in 2. Center dish out 3. Rim bracket inside center.  4. Rim bracket outside center. 5. Rim switch to other side bracket outside center. 6. Rim switch to other side bracket inside center. 

20 hours ago, R190 said:

as far as slopes go the narrower you space it the less stable it is on slopes. Its had to quantify because of all the variables like load height,slope angle, type of material ( grass, ,gravel , clay, etc, and the skill of the opertator.

Narrower = Scarerier.  Moving snow it doesn't take much to get off the path or into a ditch.

Depending on what you are going to be moving with the loader I would consider an 8ft bucket.