Freedom? Not here

Lazy WP

I sure hope you guys wake up at some point and realize just what all you are giving up by abiding by the rules that BJ enforces. You can’t talk of Covid, high fuel prices, impending war, or anything else that really makes a difference! But you can sure enough talk about garbage that has absolutely nothing to do with life!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I would like to think discussing the tragedy that happened west of you made a difference. By help I mean prayers, donations, or other support to those affected. I do understand what you are getting at.

• Like 1

Well, we have to tread lightly. In defense of the administrators of this site, and other sites, many social platforms, especially these smaller lesser know ones like this one, have had the hammer dropped on them by the ultimate operating server networks.

• Like 1

Sure would not want it to turn in to a Twitter where every idiot can tell lies to get repeated by other idiots. Somehow lies becomes truths. wth?

No facts just rumors and lies

100 percent useless

• Like 2

I understand there has to be rules. I don't wanna see the place devolve to a bunch of fighting. Tho I think that was seldom a problem here.  But I will say the place doesn't have the same flavor it used too. Lots of former posters gone and more who seldom comment because, well what's the point? 

Current events are inevitably tied to the big p word and that's a no no.

My rp subscription has expired and I haven't bothered to renew it yet, not out of anger but I guess disappointment.  It's a good magazine but for now I'm not sure I'm gonna partake. Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

We still have the most important freedom of all. Freedom of choice. I don’t like what Facebook does, that’s why I don’t have an account. I come to Red Power because I like it here. Nobody will agree 100% with anything they do or don’t do. “That thing you posted on the internet really changed my mind” isn’t something people ever say. I can see why they say this isn’t the place for it. 

• Like 5

The only thing I would say to this topic it's a shame we can't delve into politics,social issues as long it's kept respectful.No racial slurs,no hate speech,cussing swearing,name calling etc.I know there are other sites for this but we all have something in common.Tractors,farming,rural life etc.What better place,group that could discuss differences that we have when we have so much in common. If you don't want to engage in a topic you don't have too.But it's not my site,it's not perfect but I rather be here than not and I will obey the rules until if and when they are changed.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nebraska1206 said:

There's other places to discuss those topics, so.....

Like New Ag talk. What a joke that place is. I can't even stand the market page anymore.

I for one am a red all the way guy, but I'm happy not to have to read political crap here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

This Arena is a comfortable place to be,  A few other sites I have viewed can elevate a persons Blood Pressure, I Have distanced Myself from most of that Nonsense.

Life is full of Changes,     I have Never felt Controlled at this "Red Power" site,  Rules are rules.

My 2-22-22 cents, Jim Droscha

• Like 8

It is now  2:22pm  2-22-22  Is Freedom just another word for nothing left to lose (writers FF and KK) singer Janis Joplin?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I for one am grateful that they don’t allow this website to be a political coffee shop. I do realize and understand that politics do affect our lives and somethings are tied to it. That being said there’s websites that you can go discuss that and complain or show your support for. This is not. This website was designed for fans and enthusiasts of international equipment and it’s refreshing to come to this website and not have to worry about politics getting discussed or people fighting with each other over current affairs or which side is to blame. And the trouble is even if you allow it you’re going to have two different opinions and it just turns into a big argument and people fighting. Not worth it. I enjoy coming here and reading the topics that are discussed with What this website was intended for. Someone else pointed out agtalk is just getting to be a joke and I don’t even hardly read it anymore because it’s just garbage. If you don’t like the guidelines for this sandbox go find another one to play in. 

• Like 10

I can easily get sucked into politics but I gave my word to not discuss it on here. I do sometimes, I almost can't help it, but I gave my word so I have to try to not talk politics. I don't know what the moderators have to do to keep the site up. I suspect it's follow some host company rules that I am unaware of, or get shut down. Maybe it's just to keep folks from fighting. I don't know. It's their site, not mine and I agreed to their rules. On me to keep up my end I guess.

• Like 9

I’ve only been on here a year or two but from what I have seen it’s somewhat fair. Most social media is too far right wing or left wing. Here everything that I have seen is no politics left or right. I think I can respect that. The little bit that does slip by makes me believe most people on here are of similar political views but if they say no politics at all it’s better than only censoring one side or the other. 

• Like 6

We've all chosen to be here understanding the rules of the owners. 
they aren’t telling us how to think, or how to live, or how to vote. 
they are telling us we aren’t to get into hot topics here, no different than where i actually get coffee. If things are kept civil no problem, the minute it’s not, its time to take it elsewhere. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

I sure hope you guys wake up at some point and realize just what all you are giving up by abiding by the rules that BJ enforces. You can’t talk of Covid, high fuel prices, impending war, or anything else that really makes a difference! But you can sure enough talk about garbage that has absolutely nothing to do with life!

I can understand what you are saying. At the same time if you showed up at my house and tried to wind my kids up with sugar at 8 pm I would not allow it. At my house it is my rules, at your house, your rules. This is their "house", if you dont like their rules, you know the rest. I thoroughly enjoy the knowledge on this sight, if I want social issues and politics to discuss, never mind, I dont. I respect you and your opinions, respect theirs. After 20+ years of running my own business, with and without my parents, I get told how to run my business all the time. After a while, I simply ask why dont you do what I am doing and then I can tell you everything you are doing wrong, usually dont get a call back, but also dont care. I am in no way insulting you or yelling at you either, just showing my perspective. 

• Like 7

Iam not sure who the lighten up is aimed towards?   
 I am a firm believer that you can’t open a door just to let one thing in.    
If nothing else wind and dirt will come in your house.    Just something to think about 

This is RED POWER. I don't come here to hear anything else than IH talk and farming with them. I never liked any of the political posts. I like the rules, it keeps it civil. Like others said, don't like go somewhere else. Not to mention the fact that how is talking about here going to change anything? You need to write your congressman or go to town meetings and such. We help fellow tractor friends with problems by discussing it here. You telling us to wake up is not needed here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1