Real estate people

SJH

Today I had a real estate agent trying to pressure me to say what I apply on my crops and when because the person looking at the house was Well ūü§£ ! We just kept repeating the facts we're a conventional family farm we use pesticides !!!

• Sad 1

Most I would say is that " I use what I am certified to use at rates in accordance with the regulations allow according to what the field conditions are. If this is an issue I would stay away because I have no intention of changing" 

• Like 5

My friend used to say when asked that he applied as little as possible based upon scouting. He'd tell them that they won't like organic when they find the maggot in their blueberry. His PYO customers got the message and continued to pick.

15 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

I tell people we use ‚Äúcertified, all natural chemicals‚ÄĚ ¬†

certified to be something, and some of it must occur naturally.  
i think 

Much is made from NATURAL gas, and oil came from LIVING creatures, that lived long before man, or even 'cave men' ever created synthetics.

As stated, tell them to go pi$$ up a rope, (Do YOU really want a citidot, or multiple citidots living anywhere close?

You know, if there is nothing they can do to you, then maybe you ought to tell them the truth. If this is a such concern to them then they should not be even considering this place.

Of course we live in a world where people buy a house off the end of a runway, then sue the airport for noise. So it could backfire.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, bitty said:

Most I would say is that " I use what I am certified to use at rates in accordance with the regulations allow according to what the field conditions are. If this is an issue I would stay away because I have no intention of changing" 

Which is much more than can be said for the average home owner who goes to the local hardware store and brings home a bottle and never reads the label, or just decides that if 3 oz in a gallon works the whole pint is better.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

Which is much more than can be said for the average home owner who goes to the local hardware store and brings home a bottle and never reads the label, or just decides that if 3 oz in a gallon works the whole pint is better.

And didn't need certification to use it either

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

That’s what I do, maybe not the whole bottle, but I increase the potency.

when I was growing vegetables here we had a lot of crop meetings at our farm as I made a lot of my own equipment and other growers wanted to see what I had come up with

some of them were diehard organic growers and I'd tell them to put their rubber boots on and watch where they step, always gut a chuckle from the nonorganic folks and the chemical salesmen. the person in the most danger from pesticides is the applicator

• Like 4

here the cidiotes are behind every deer stripped shrub.

1000' or even 150' buffers are near impossible,and with them going over the line,to pester you or play .

BC not "their" grass is PUBLIC LAND for destructive uses.

PS   IT WAS A LOT WORSE WHEN THEY HAD TO STAY HOME!!

• Like 1

I know it's absolutely none of my business, and I don't know if this is even your situation or not... but I would be extremely hesitant to sell off a farmstead from a piece of ground I owned if at all possible. I figure even if you think you are selling to someone you think will be a good neighbor, you have no say in who he may eventually sell to

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Red Collector said:

I know it's absolutely none of my business, and I don't know if this is even your situation or not... but I would be extremely hesitant to sell off a farmstead from a piece of ground I owned if at all possible. I figure even if you think you are selling to someone you think will be a good neighbor, you have no say in who he may eventually sell to

4x       like the retirement slums here,      sell the house/trailer or 3n lease it, holding ALL rights to the land and use there in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmi said:

,and with them going over the line,to pester you or play .

As in, riding their horsies, or running their dirt bikes and four wheelers over the terraces, and through the fields, or going down through the PRIVATE road to get to the river, or "would you sell an acre so we can build a house", or, "please don't be feeding any cattle or hogs, because the smell would disturb us", or, the bin fans/dryer are too loud.

They have NEVER had a pot to p in, and live under the impression that they are 'somebody'.

17 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

As in, riding their horsies, or running their dirt bikes and four wheelers over the terraces, and through the fields, or going down through the PRIVATE road to get to the river, or "would you sell an acre so we can build a house", or, "please don't be feeding any cattle or hogs, because the smell would disturb us", or, the bin fans/dryer are too loud.

They have NEVER had a pot to p in, and live under the impression that they are 'somebody'.

That whole "acre for a house" thing really effed up my property. Previous owners gifted their daughter an acre square in the middle of road frontage. Daughter's husband goes to prison for being a pervert, family goes bankrupt, house sold. And now the people that live there are nothing but trouble. Well, the owner's adult son and his brood are all terrible. They have five adults crammed into one small (60'?) doublewide. And they're are little ones too. Of COURSE they have snowmobiles, fourwheelers, compound bows, etc., which ALL find their way onto my property.

Last spring with all their COVID cash, the guy comes along to buy another acre from me. LIKE ****! I want him to get fed up and move out, not get comfortable!!

14 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

SOO you met them..

didnt they say "ART" gave me permission last week !!

you forgot...a few points , leave gates open ,cut fence,chase said cattle/ horse with x ,leave or dump trash,you cant do that , it will disrupt MY play. spraying will kill my fish tank etc... your cattle ate my shrubs and grass while the deer stood by.you owe me $6K.....if your fence wasnt broke ALL the time, maybe they would stay on your side!!!!...... those field ruts and tire tracks dont lead to MY garage.......... Have 1/2 the county trees painted  !!!!!! # PURPLE !!!!!!!   they own 2ac

One of the farms we rent by default, 3rd gen lived in the house, thought ALL this was normal compensation and right/s for the HARD work in "dairy" corporate office

ANd back to OP   >>>RE is ALL blue (denial), when you show ,roof leaks,marble will roll from front door right out the back door at 10 mph,that is sunlight you see thru basement block wall ,so they dont have to disclose.  "its worth 2x $ the ask" just sign and initial  "accept all flaws AS IS" its only another $70K to get the govt OP.

If you do have a house/place to sell with < 2ac in town .....  4000' + to a farm ,get ALL $$$ you can now.the fan blades chasing the bubble ,get sharper every day