1566 MCV Pump

Vanstractors

1566 MCV Valve and pump.  Bought 1566 arrived with very firm steering ,Been a complete restoration over several months with fluid drained .New mcv pump and kit upgraded to 12 gpm and higher relief in an effort for better steering in the process fast forward start engine no hydraulics whatsoever .Pulled hydraulic filter back out nothing unusual Engine start Hitch pump works fine .Pull plug in mcv supercharge from remote all brakes seat clutch cooler lines all good but zero steering .Pulled steering motor had rebuilt tried today .Nothing .Put supercharge line back heavy whine from hitch pump under the seat area but did have very stiff steering seat raised etc .After a few minutes must have lost hitch pump prime no mcv functions at all three point jumps both up and down indicative of air. At my witts end with this thing . Pic is of old and new pump old on the bottom .Any suggestions are appreciated and welcome Thank You !!

IMG_3672.jpg

Yes we did all new everything .Gauges and fittings on the way ,probably be zero no oil or air coming out of plug on bottom back .Three point stays up but is spongy has to have air somewhere .Gauge on remote goes to 500 immediately climbs slowly to 1800 whining starts under seat i assume relief opens as it drops around 13-1400 builds up repeats.Dipstick right on full line oil level is right at bottom of hole where filter attaches .Going to pull relief and check number but seems like i,m sucking air somewhere .Maybe grease around filter cap or swap with another tractor .No mcv functions at all unless plugged to a remote. 

I had a 1466 with noisy remote hydraulics, replaced the o ring around suction tube in rear housing and it stopped. Remove pto and it's right there. Filter housing cover needs to come off to remove tube retainer.  

did you drill out the orfice to make use of the additional capacity?  maybe you went too big If you didn't the extra capacity isnt beeing used for anything but the oil cooler most of the time . Steering uses  about 3gpm  controlled by the flow divider no matter how big of pump you put in there.