Larry Boob estate auction

bitty

https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3640451.html 

I got a few parts from Larry. Has lots of stuff for the M Farmalls and similar

1979 International Scout II (Selling @ 1pm) 345 Engine, Automatic, 14 Original Miles. New from Square Deal Garage, in Excellent Condition. An Extremely RARE Barn Find.  To Be Sold Upon Immediate Confirmation of Owner

Wonder how that works?  Looks like they would find the OWNER before advertising the vehicle for sale.

He has a boatload of firearms listed also. (Might even be a Fed or two there recording the bidders)

6 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

1979 International Scout II (Selling @ 1pm) 345 Engine, Automatic, 14 Original Miles. New from Square Deal Garage, in Excellent Condition. An Extremely RARE Barn Find.  To Be Sold Upon Immediate Confirmation of Owner

Wonder how that works?  Looks like they would find the OWNER before advertising the vehicle for sale.

He has a boatload of firearms listed also. (Might even be a Fed or two there recording the bidders)

His wife is the owner of the estate 

6 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

I would say the owner wants to make sure it brings enuf $$$$

Mike

Another parts guy who introduced me to Larry got a 450 he had after he passed. He was in charge of getting stuff ready for the sale. Rodney said that Larry made a list of a few things with prices for a few people he knew was interested in stuff a few days before he passed away. 

• Thanks 1

I would LOVE to have that '85 Honda 200S.  Except for the dorky basket on the front fender that is exactly what my brother and I bought back in 1985.  I wish it had an odometer, I rode that thing all over.  Unfortunately I can't see myself driving to PA just for a nostalgic 3 wheeler.

• Like 1

I get very discouraged with auctions anymore.  I need stuff for the M but don't want to spend hours only to get beat by stupid money or like the last time a sniper.  The area auction yard has a couple of pieces I am interested in but the wife will be mad if she sits a few hours and gets sniped at T-2.

Finally  found the pics I took in 2007 when we looked at the "Barn Find Scout".

As you can see the mileage was 13.8 then and was in really nice shape.  Larry would have traded it for a new Mustang at that time.

In the  pic of the three gentlemen Dale Stover the former owner of Square Deal international is on the right.

Last pic is the travelall we brought home that day.

100_1241.JPG

100_1242.JPG

100_1243.JPG

100_1244.JPG

100_1245.JPG

100_1246.JPG

100_1219.JPG

100_1223.JPG

• Like 4

You think maybe the mileage was so low was because of the color 🤔 I mean acid was the 60's to blame it on here we are knockin on the door to the 80's?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eric V Bielke said:

No  the mileage was low because Dale--the owner of the IH dealership never had any intention of selling it.  He gave it to Larry [his right hand man] and he titled it but never put it on the road.

Did you know Larry? 

Ok I had only met him twice getting parts from him 

• 1 month later...

Anyone able to make it there today? Any auction reports? 

11 minutes ago, Eric V Bielke said:

Scout sold for $64'000-----went to North Carolina

@Eason know where it's going to reside? 

I know 2 guys from Wilson, N.C. called me before the sale and asked what it was worth. I told them the 4 cylinder one that the Scout Connection had with 4,000 miles brought over 100k. I just want to know what the person who ordered the color combo (interior/exterior color) was thinking?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Eason said:

I know 2 guys from Wilson, N.C. called me before the sale and asked what it was worth. I told them the 4 cylinder one that the Scout Connection had with 4,000 miles brought over 100k. I just want to know what the person who ordered the color combo (interior/exterior color) was thinking?

I don't think I want that color either

3 hours ago, Eason said:

Thats not how it looked in the folder,thus a returned sale.

• Haha 1