Chrome stack on 1466

redpower123

3 minutes ago, redpower123 said:

How tall should I get 

Thomure stacks are 48" tall, that's tall enough, in my opinion.  Takes 3-3/4" diameter to fit the exhaust elbow, most stacks from Thomure will flare up to 4".  On a 66 series, you won't see the flare-up, because it'll be under the hood.

3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Thomure MFG

Talked to then couple days ago, wanting a chrome pipe. They are planning to shut down and close the doors. They did sell me a muffler I needed but couldn't supply the chrome pipe I wanted. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, CIHTECH said:

Talked to then couple days ago, wanting a chrome pipe. They are planning to shut down and close the doors. They did sell me a muffler I needed but couldn't supply the chrome pipe I wanted. 

Thats to bad. Sold countless numbers of their muffler eliminators. 

4 hours ago, CIHTECH said:

That stinks. I need a 4"? elbow to weld on the 3330 sprayer and I keep forgetting to call them. I almost measured it last week to check the size . Be a possible enterprises for someone else maybe? 

• Like 1

Thomure is closing their doors.  I talked to Dave this week.  I will be making the eliminators for the 86 and 5x88.  I will also be doing the black pipes for the 86s and 88s as well as the 3 3/4 for the 56 66 series.  These will be black only at this time.  This will take a little bit of time to get tooled up and going.  I have pipes and eliminators on hand now

Mike

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

o no, dave is closing shop, say it isn't so, dave is a top notch guy, always enjoyed talking to him, great products and affordable prices. take care dave.

Just called Dave and ordered pipe for the 756, main body is 4" necked down to 3" with the clamp.

Opinions on how the 4" will look on the 756?

Also vision issues, main row crop tractor.

Four foot tall..

Think I will either buy a pole saw to clean up low branches or cut it down to three foot?

Now I need to find a 4" chrome rain cap, he is sold out on the cap.

Where should I look for the cap?

Oh, nicest guy I've talked on the phone with in a long time.

Enjoy retirement Dave!

1 hour ago, Michigan No Till said:

Just called Dave and ordered pipe for the 756, main body is 4" necked down to 3" with the clamp.

Opinions on how the 4" will look on the 756?

Also vision issues, main row crop tractor.

Four foot tall..

Think I will either buy a pole saw to clean up low branches or cut it down to three foot?

Now I need to find a 4" chrome rain cap, he is sold out on the cap.

Where should I look for the cap?

Oh, nicest guy I've talked on the phone with in a long time.

Enjoy retirement Dave!

I have them.

1 hour ago, acem said:

Why don't they make stainless steel exhaust stacks?

cost is number 1 reason.  #2 on the sweep pipes its hard and not many can bend it.  Im looking at this with picking up making these pipes

7 hours ago, stronger800 said:

The clamp sets above the hood   on a 1206 or M+W equipped 06-56 right? I know it does on our MW 856.  Seeing the flare up to 4” would bother me. (Has a loud little car huge muffler tip feel. Imo) 

i

Clamp is above the hood on my M&W 756. That's exactly what what I thought to myself that the flare to 4" would look stupid. Also just that it is 4" will it not look good on the 756!

For what Dave charged me compared to other suppliers, not out much. Wish that I would of called sooner and got the original 3"pipe.

1 hour ago, 1480x3 said:

Very happy with  Shoup, also got one from Dave yrs ago. It was fine. Have had them all get a little blue as they age. Talking 20 - 30 yrs of use.

Shoup got them from dave to i believe

i got a 5" pipe from dave for my 1466, with rain cap, it sounds nice, but i don't leave it on for farming,neighbors can hear me 2 miles away, lol , and yes i wear peltor headpbhones for ear protection.

4 hours ago, Michigan No Till said:

Nice, want a rops and canopy for the seven!

I bought that when Saginaw tractor parts was still in business. I think I paid $1400 delivered to my door. I think they're quite a bit higher now from Iron Bull