Jump to content

Really!!!! Are the American people this dumb?


lorenzo
 Share

Recommended Posts

There's also the possibility the pizza box has those instructions as a joke.   I think the real problem is the addiction to outrage.  People don't seem to think they're alive unless they're angry about something.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, IHKeith said:

CE5DD528-E30C-4607-897D-7DAA618C5018.thumb.jpeg.8d07086d1a483defdfca2b84c43edcda.jpeg

This grocery bag isn’t photoshopped

Yea your right.    That’s not the best way to catch leaking hyd. Fluid.   
 
I guess that’s what’s happening?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, dannyredfan said:

Yea your right.    That’s not the best way to catch leaking hyd. Fluid.   
 
I guess that’s what’s happening?

No leaks, I hung it on the motor for the pic tonight , I read this thread this morning, packed a lunch in that bag for my snowmobile ride today, noticed the advice while enjoying my tuna on whole wheat this afternoon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A little light at the end of the tunnel. Helping can opener guy with his tire this morning some how caused him to have an epiphany. He has been verbally thankful to me this whole day and has stated he would like to help me with anything he can this summer with the goal of learning. Said hes sick of not being able to help himself. Kind of stoked my fire a bit. I have many projects to complete and could use the help...also have a bad back. He is young and able. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Twolines said:

A little light at the end of the tunnel. Helping can opener guy with his tire this morning some how caused him to have an epiphany. He has been verbally thankful to me this whole day and has stated he would like to help me with anything he can this summer with the goal of learning. Said hes sick of not being able to help himself. Kind of stoked my fire a bit. I have many projects to complete and could use the help...also have a bad back. He is young and able. 

That is promising. Good for him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

And the largest contributor to the stupidity are sports, which are nothing but pabulum for the masses.  When schools put a higher priority on sports, instead of "EDUMACATION", something IS seriously wrong with the system.  (Of course, the root cause may be that the 'teachers' cannot adequately 'teach' the subject matter, given the courses they had available to choose from in university).

Karl Marx once said that "Religion is the opiate of the masses", in today's world, it is sports that takes that 'honor'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_of_the_people

As Dean Wormer told Flounder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrgVFPO_OJc&ab_channel=jollydwarf

 

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2022 at 12:00 AM, mmi said:

(only option) scan, auto calculate hasnt reached you yet?

trouble is they cant do MONEY even when it tells the change, the poor protected class that lock the doors 20 minutes early from being over worked ,5 customers per hour.

I was on my way home from a basketball game, stopped at Wally World to grab something I needed. Went in the side closest to the automotive stuff.
Got my needed items, paid and as I went to leave there were carts blocking the exit door. The lady said, sorry, we lock that door at ten o'clock. So, I walk down to the other exit, then back past the doorway where I entered to my car. Pulled my phone out of my pocket to get my car key, and the the phone was just changing from 9:59 to 10:00.  If you have to close it off at 10:00, wait until 10:00.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, lorenzo said:

A10050FA-5B82-40A7-8DFF-965B5BCA28DE.jpeg.3329845cb29402701fa763f7298dc898.jpeg

One of the last times I ate pizza from a local place here i think the box would have tasted better, I told a friend I tried it before I could say anything he said he always throws the pizza away and eats the box when he gets it from there

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Maynard said:

I was on my way home from a basketball game, stopped at Wally World to grab something I needed. Went in the side closest to the automotive stuff.
Got my needed items, paid and as I went to leave there were carts blocking the exit door. The lady said, sorry, we lock that door at ten o'clock. So, I walk down to the other exit, then back past the doorway where I entered to my car. Pulled my phone out of my pocket to get my car key, and the the phone was just changing from 9:59 to 10:00.  If you have to close it off at 10:00, wait until 10:00.

Wife loves Starbucks she was at the local one and waiting in line she said she noticed when she was pulling up to the speaker a guy comes out places a cone at the back of her car they tell her sorry we're closed she said you mean to tell me i waited in line just for this and that guy put the cone behind my car they say yeah well we're closed she said you close at nine its close to seven thirty they said yeah well we're closed she fussed enough they finally gave her a gift card to go away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Around 15 years ago I applied for a job as an instructor in a University engineering lab. At the interview, they told me "you have to understand that it isn't that these kids don't know how to use a screwdriver, it's that they have never SEEN a screwdriver before".  I think it would have been a very entertaining job, but I was the #2 candidate. 30 years experience working in and managing shops, but no verifiable teaching experience. The guy they did hire had about 5 years total experience, 2 years as a lab assistant. But, seeing how things have turned out, they probably did me a huge favor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are American people that dumb?

NO! They are that SMART!

Everyone's looking to cash in. Everyone's looking for an angle. Why not sue the pizza place and the pizza box manufacturer for injuries sustained trying to eat the pizza without opening the box? After all, the pizza place and the box maker are both negligent in not including instructions on the correct use of the box. They're counting on a settlement. They'll settle a frivolous claim like this rather than take it to court because it is cheaper and quicker to do so.

A judge has to throw the case out, but if it never gets in front of a judge...

The pizza place and the box manufacturer are trying to protect themselves, so that when someone tries eating the box to get a quick payout, they can point to that and say, "Not our problem. Go pound sand."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Have you been injured while eating pizza? 
You may be Eligible for a settlement.

 

Call the law firm

Dooie Cheatum and Howe today. 

1-234- 555-1212

Would that include after effects. If so I will call this morning 😃

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, superih said:

Sports?  Really?  High school sports teach today's kids more about life and discipline than any other area in their life.  What winning feels like and the taste of defeat.  No classroom is going to teach that, no app on their phone will replace it!

As IF multi-thousand seat stadiums, special athletic indoor training facilities, special buses used to take the team joy-riding to out of town GAMES, special treatment of the sports 'stars' has anything to do with "life and discipline", really builds character, doesn't it?

If these schools want athletic programs, let the parents of their budding sports star and the attendees to these events PAY for all those 'needed' facilities, BUT let the TAXPAYER pay for the educational part of education.

As it stands now, any bond issue that involves sports, will NEVER get my vote.

But, DON'T let me get started on college and professional sports "heroes" and the fans of the Kneelers. (Especially the Cocaine Cowboys, which seem have earned the right to be at the top of the dung heap)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

I respectfully disagree. While I’m not at the level of high school sports yet, I can certainly attest to the fact that the  younger group has to have equal everything. Everyone gets a trophy, equal playing time regardless of desire or ability, no score keeping.  
it is frustrating to me as a volunteer baseball coach to see these kids having a missed opportunity to teach life goals by parents trying to protect them from that vulgar word “defeat”. 
but that’s only one instance of me and the sports world, and by no means gospel.

Baseball seems to be the one professional sport where the players seem to have better than average intelligence.

By and large, they can speak in complete sentences, use multi-syllable words, and unlike members of the National Felons League, use words other than "duh", "you know", 'er', and I would imagine that the vast majority of baseball players know how to spell their own name.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

As IF multi-thousand seat stadiums, special athletic indoor training facilities, special buses used to take the team joy-riding to out of town GAMES, special treatment of the sports 'stars' has anything to do with "life and discipline", really builds character, doesn't it?

If these schools want athletic programs, let the parents of their budding sports star and the attendees to these events PAY for all those 'needed' facilities, BUT let the TAXPAYER pay for the educational part of education.

As it stands now, any bond issue that involves sports, will NEVER get my vote.

But, DON'T let me get started on college and professional sports "heroes" and the fans of the Kneelers. (Especially the Cocaine Cowboys, which seem have earned the right to be at the top of the dung heap)

2x          here $3500 + per yr per student for the "EXTRAS" our "govt" mandate bill is currently $1200 + every month + inflation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

Baseball seems to be the one professional sport where the players seem to have better than average intelligence.

By and large, they can speak in complete sentences, use multi-syllable words, and unlike members of the National Felons League, use words other than "duh", "you know", 'er', and I would imagine that the vast majority of baseball players know how to spell their own name.

Hockey players overall are the most down to earth friendly easy to talk to guys, never hear about troubles for them and at least in Chicago are very charitable men.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

As IF multi-thousand seat stadiums, special athletic indoor training facilities, special buses used to take the team joy-riding to out of town GAMES, special treatment of the sports 'stars' has anything to do with "life and discipline", really builds character, doesn't it?

If these schools want athletic programs, let the parents of their budding sports star and the attendees to these events PAY for all those 'needed' facilities, BUT let the TAXPAYER pay for the educational part of education.

As it stands now, any bond issue that involves sports, will NEVER get my vote.

But, DON'T let me get started on college and professional sports "heroes" and the fans of the Kneelers. (Especially the Cocaine Cowboys, which seem have earned the right to be at the top of the dung heap)

 

6 hours ago, mmi said:

2x          here $3500 + per yr per student for the "EXTRAS" our "govt" mandate bill is currently $1200 + every month + inflation

I'm guessing you fellas didn't play sports in school?

Special high dollar facilities are certainly in the minority of high schools across the countryside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, superih said:

I'm guessing you fellas didn't play sports in school?

Was that a requirement to getting an education?

Watching a bunch of NO IQ, drug addicted, criminally inclined buffoons in their silk pantaloons, chasing each other around, playing grab azz with each other is NOT my cup of tea..

20 minutes ago, superih said:

Special high dollar facilities are certainly in the minority of high schools across the countryside.

A 'minority' is still too many, and a total waste of tax money.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably 6 years ago I went to a store in a mall to get my daughter something for Christmas (clothing), this young college aged girl comes to help me and we kinda started a friendly conversation and after I had picked something out we went to the counter so I could pay, she went behind the counter and rang it up and I got my checkbook out ,opened it up and slid  it across the counter to her and said "here,you probably write neater than I do". She picked up a pen, stared at the checkbook for a bit then gave me  a  funny look and then the manager who was standing behind her said "here I'll get that for you". She had no idea how to fill out a check!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bkorth said:

Probably 6 years ago I went to a store in a mall to get my daughter something for Christmas (clothing), this young college aged girl comes to help me and we kinda started a friendly conversation and after I had picked something out we went to the counter so I could pay, she went behind the counter and rang it up and I got my checkbook out ,opened it up and slid  it across the counter to her and said "here,you probably write neater than I do". She picked up a pen, stared at the checkbook for a bit then gave me  a  funny look and then the manager who was standing behind her said "here I'll get that for you". She had no idea how to fill out a check!

Yep, I’ve had that experience 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...