Couldn't tell if his smile was bigger then mine

Pete1468

My son is going to state wrestling for the first time.  He's in sixth grade and this is the best I've ever seen him wrestle today.  He ended up second in his district.  I knew he had it in him but he let himself psych himself out.

KIMG0644.JPG

• Like 28

That is awesome!

I always loved wrestling but me or the boys never went to a school big enough to have that and basketball both. 

Congratulations on the strong district finish and good luck at State!

• Like 1

Congratulations to your son. Once a wrestler it is in your blood for life. Me and my brothers have 9 state medals from high school, back in the seventies, got  evolved in coaching the youth program and still follow high school and college wrestling, especially the big ten to this day. Maybe one day your son will be on the Iowa team. Your in one neck of a wrestling state. For me, wrestling is as much of passion as are IH tractors

Congrats, I remember that feeling, youngest son ended up a state runner up his junior year and a state champion his senior year. Cherish your time with him I still do 14 years later😎

2 hours ago, mrfred54 said:

Congratulations to your son. Once a wrestler it is in your blood for life. Me and my brothers have 9 state medals from high school, back in the seventies, got  evolved in coaching the youth program and still follow high school and college wrestling, especially the big ten to this day. Maybe one day your son will be on the Iowa team. Your in one neck of a wrestling state. For me, wrestling is as much of passion as are IH tractors

He really likes football but realized wrestlers make better football players.

Congratulations to Grayson