New Ag Talk

Mark (EC,IN)

Was there an “old ag talk”?  Never went there much as I find the format hard to follow. Honest question though. 

• Like 1

The original agtalk was on Successful Farmings site but then they changed the format and added banner ads that made the page painfully slow to navigate for those of us on dial up internet at the time.  Some farmers got together and started the newagtalk site with a very basic format that required very little data.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Never went there much as I find the format hard to follow.

I frequent the site, I will agree compared to this forum, it is difficult to follow. RPM is a much better layout and I like how the active threads stay at the top. Over there it gets buried pretty quick, never to be seen again. Updates to questions have to be reposted, especially if it has been very long since the original post is buried in page after page of old threads that would have to be sorted through. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 7and8and1456 said:

Not accessible here today. Still unavailable at 8:50 PM Eastern time.

Not back up this morning. In announcement tab they said they were down and didn’t know when or if they be back up again. That don’t sound good.

12 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I frequent the site, I will agree compared to this forum, it is difficult to follow. RPM is a much better layout and I like how the active threads stay at the top. Over there it gets buried pretty quick, never to be seen again. Updates to questions have to be reposted, especially if it has been very long since the original post is buried in page after page of old threads that would have to be sorted through. 

+1. I frequent over there, but during the busy seasons like planting and harvesting, stuff can move pretty quick. Sometimes I find myself having to read 4-5 pages just to get caught up. Also, sometimes it takes me some time to find all the correct info to reply to a post...and by then its on page 5 or more...so you're not sure if the OP even read what you replied. Also, you have all the "expert" farmers on there that love to trash their local dealerships and employees as thieves and incompetent idiots...and then wonder why those same dealerships won't help them with anything. There's a couple guys on there that use mainly red machinery that I wont help because they constantly run down my employer's other locations. Their loss...not mine. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SDman said:

+1. I frequent over there, but during the busy seasons like planting and harvesting, stuff can move pretty quick. Sometimes I find myself having to read 4-5 pages just to get caught up. Also, sometimes it takes me some time to find all the correct info to reply to a post...and by then its on page 5 or more...so you're not sure if the OP even read what you replied. Also, you have all the "expert" farmers on there that love to trash their local dealerships and employees as thieves and incompetent idiots...and then wonder why those same dealerships won't help them with anything. There's a couple guys on there that use mainly red machinery that I wont help because they constantly run down my employer's other locations. Their loss...not mine. 

Just curious, do you use the same name over there? I enjoy your contributions and knowledge. 

5 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

Just curious, do you use the same name over there? I enjoy your contributions and knowledge. 

Same name, same guy over there. 

• Thanks 1

A couple members mentioned they though NAT was hard hard to navigate.

I realize that a lot of sites have a post comeback to the top every time a new reply is posted.

There are so many posts a day on NAT that one post could bury many new posts several pages back in no time.  (The Cafe would be nothing but  "happycatcher" posts on the front five pages if it worked that way).

The two things on their site below make it very easy to navigate .... figure out how they work and it's much easier:NAT.JPG.10858f7aa9b3bf30b74723e621b1f908.JPG

NAT 2.JPG

I would also mention that the number of people on there who are constantly flaming other posters is hard to take at times. It is so much more civil over here. J-Mech was banned for less than what goes on over there everyday. There are some John Deere “experts” over there that I just can’t take.