Whats the fix?

lorenzo

Its always a fight to get the hoses connected to or removed from my track loader attachments. 

I have to loosen a fitting on the coupler and bleed off the pressure. 

Is there anything like a bleed off valve available that i could add on to my connections somewhere ? 39C28AC4-D06F-4E19-9246-7A12B08290A6.thumb.jpeg.c87c466b3bd893f83418bf3ee5b8fc39.jpegAC2DA33A-7F2E-4BC2-9DFF-7675BE1E0359.thumb.jpeg.6ef6fd28ccbfe7539e1889e5902503c2.jpeg

Turn key on without starting engine, work all hydraulic controls to relieve pressure.  On the implement side I try to hook the hoses together when they are off the machine to keep pressure from building because of weather changes.  And, then there is this https://www.farmshow.com/a_article.php?submit_search=1&keywords1=hose coupler tool&aid=36348&aid_next=26690&page_num=1&nav_previous=&nav_next=1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our telehandler can be troublesome also. I usually try to relax one hose and unhook it, then slightly charge that hose relieving the pressure from the remaining hose and unhook it. Without the engine running it will not function the hydraulics. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Its always a fight to get the hoses connected to or removed from my track loader attachments. 

I have to loosen a fitting on the coupler and bleed off the pressure. 

Is there anything like a bleed off valve available that i could add on to my connections somewhere ? 39C28AC4-D06F-4E19-9246-7A12B08290A6.thumb.jpeg.c87c466b3bd893f83418bf3ee5b8fc39.jpegAC2DA33A-7F2E-4BC2-9DFF-7675BE1E0359.thumb.jpeg.6ef6fd28ccbfe7539e1889e5902503c2.jpeg

Contact your dealer, there is a way to relieve the pressure, you just have to find out the process.  

• Thanks 1

Does yours have the push to release pressure couplers on the machine? Been a couple years but I think deere has a pressure relief switch on the panel to relieve pressure before you disconnect them. If you just pop them off if there is the slightest bit of pressure then you have to do like you say and crack a line open. I have the push to release pressure ones on my mustang but I find the odd time if I unhook it in the cold and don't use it again till it's warm that the lines will build pressure. Only way on the attachment side is to crack a line open. But 99% of the time as long I have released the pressure before disconnecting it is not a problem.

Now I was having lots of issues with one but changed the coupler on the machine side and it has been good. Till this real cold weather and I am having trouble hooking it up and disconnecting one line, but it is in the coupler and nothing to do with pressure. Different design than the original was

There is also a different design of couples out now that are supposed to eliminate any issues like that. And hold a leak free connection. They aren't cheap but not too expensive, only thing is if you have alot of attachments you would have to switch everything over. Here is a link to them. I think they're a little ways down the page. I have no experience with them to know how they are or will hold up, but they look like a good solution

https://www.stucchiusa.com/product-category/skid-steer-hydraulic-couplers/

Or a valve block like Takeuchi uses that has a pressure release lever or valve. It works really good from my experience 

Screenshot_20220203-173813_Google.thumb.jpg.317b630818f74c430cf239c2ad98c1ea.jpg

• Thanks 1

My SPFH had the same problem when try to hook up or unhook from the dump wagon ( we only use it to open up corn fields and then unhook it), we put a tee  between the lines on the wagon with a simple lever type valve between them. Before unhooking it open the valve to equalize the pressure,  about $50 and problem solved,  if you have the space to do that on your skid steer it would work for all of your attachments. If this won't work then you could go with the flat face couplers like db1486 suggested on all your attachments. 

• Thanks 1

I added a front hydraulic port to the loader on my Kubota L series tractor. I have the same issue. I solved it by turning off the tractor engine and then turning the key to on without starting, then working the controls for the front hydraulics to relieve the pressure. The system I added uses an electric solenoid valves to active the front ports. As long as I relieve the pressure when unhooking, I haven't had any issues with the attachments. I have had the same issue with mechanical valves and turning off the machine and working the valves relieves the pressure.

• Thanks 1

buy a "case"/MAtched set of USA std /pioneer fittings for ALL !!!!   no foreign metric BS or the 50 odd sizes.

fully relieve pressure before unhooking expect slight build up when temps go up.

if/when borrowing neighbors have several pry bars set up and when it breaks gets std pioneer ? (xxx4 )to go home,works good next year.

• Thanks 1

We fight with them occasionally with the case. Never tried them on the Kubota yet. Case has a manual foot control so as long as you can get one hooked up usually you can let the pressure off. The Kubota is all electric so I’m not sure how it works there.  I lost our adapter hoses that we had made up to go from pioneer to flat face so the last couple years I haven’t used them at all. Was a expensive mistake. Hoses with couplers cost us around 300$ at the time I believe. 

• Thanks 1

I have the same problem with my JD 325 skid steer. I use a variety of different hydraulic attachments and have trouble coupling/uncoupling. Like mentioned in other posts here on this thread, I shut the engine off, turn the key back on, with the engine not running, and have my hydraulic lockout toggle switch in the correct position to operate hydraulics. Then I operate the hydraulic lever back and forth a few times to relieve any pressure. Works everytime. Coupling/uncoupling works very easy when I do this. Now, It’s just a habit anymore. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, db1486 said:

Does yours have the push to release pressure couplers on the machine? Been a couple years but I think deere has a pressure relief switch on the panel to relieve pressure before you disconnect them. If you just pop them off if there is the slightest bit of pressure then you have to do like you say and crack a line open. I have the push to release pressure ones on my mustang but I find the odd time if I unhook it in the cold and don't use it again till it's warm that the lines will build pressure. Only way on the attachment side is to crack a line open. But 99% of the time as long I have released the pressure before disconnecting it is not a problem.

Now I was having lots of issues with one but changed the coupler on the machine side and it has been good. Till this real cold weather and I am having trouble hooking it up and disconnecting one line, but it is in the coupler and nothing to do with pressure. Different design than the original was

There is also a different design of couples out now that are supposed to eliminate any issues like that. And hold a leak free connection. They aren't cheap but not too expensive, only thing is if you have alot of attachments you would have to switch everything over. Here is a link to them. I think they're a little ways down the page. I have no experience with them to know how they are or will hold up, but they look like a good solution

https://www.stucchiusa.com/product-category/skid-steer-hydraulic-couplers/

Or a valve block like Takeuchi uses that has a pressure release lever or valve. It works really good from my experience 

Screenshot_20220203-173813_Google.thumb.jpg.317b630818f74c430cf239c2ad98c1ea.jpg

I think the 9300 series Steiger/CaseIH tractors had a similar setup where you used a lever to release pressure before unhooking or hooking up. 

• Thanks 1

Deere's have always been bad imo we had a 328 that was awful when to a 328d wasn't much better but likes been said turn the key on without the engine and work the switch hook hoses the hoses together when not in use i kept a wrench on ours just because sometimes nothing seems to work

• Thanks 1

Yes, they do make some fittings with a bleed on the side.  We get them from Swagelok, but I think Parker, Cajoun, and Whitey make similar fittings.  My concern would be if the bleed screw loosens during operation it would sure make a mess

• Thanks 1

Case 1845c is a bugger at times. Seems to me usually when I uncouple something end leave it in the sun and hoses pressure up. When uncouple I have gotten in the habit years ago to shut off the skidsteer and depressurize the lines before I take them off. My FX60 is horrible if you take the dump wagon hoses off so I put a tee in it with a ball valve. Works great until your ball valve opens on some brush or corn stocks and you try to dump it. Now I put a plug in the ball valve. 

I hand that problem, I plumbed in a "T" with a ball valve and it worked slick lets you dump the pressure to tank the other thing we do is use threaded quick disconnects, they will go together under pressure

Most equipment provides some sort of way to bleed off aux connection pressure on the carrier side, therefore unless there's something wrong with the couplers the problem is usually on the attachment side.

Hyd oil expands and contracts quite a bit with temperature but doesn't compress. So what usually is happening is the oil gets trapped by the closed couplers, warms up a bit and expands. One thing I just thought of, would be to make sure you have fully warmed up oil cycled into the attachment just before disconnecting. It's always a good idea to connect the couplers together, this keeps them clean and equalizes pressure.

• Thanks 1