Case 1270

9 hours ago, stronger800 said:

And milked. And manure handled. And stored crops to load/transport/sell, which always requires moving snow.  500g if fuel burnt basically just   moving snow so far.
Given, I don’t do as much in the winter as I use to, but to say that Farming has a Season, is to imply that there is an Off Season. And to anybody that’s a Farmer….we’ll that’s kinda offensive. Or silly anyway.

Farming might not have a season but tractors definitely do. Unless you're far enough south to crop farm 300 days a year. "Off" season maybe not but definitely a slow season.

Very, very few farmer owned bins in this area, most only crops that are moving now off the farm are hay and tobacco.

7 minutes ago, Solocam8925 said:

Questions. I was told that the petal in the middle is the diff lock on the 1270. Never used it before. I never recall seeing it on the 1066. Do you know when it's the right time to use the diff lock???

Thought diff lock was a push button on floor by seat? Sure the middle pedal isn't steering tilt?

Use diff lock when approaching a wet spot, BEFORE a tire starts to spin. I have it on both case tractors, but don't really think it helps much.

13 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

Thought diff lock was a push button on floor by seat? Sure the middle pedal isn't steering tilt?

Use diff lock when approaching a wet spot, BEFORE a tire starts to spin. I have it on both case tractors, but don't really think it helps much.

I know when I was chisel plowing with my 1066 in November. The ground was wet and it wasn't gonna get any dryer. Going deep into the ground. The wheels starts spinning until I fix the depth where the wheels can pull without slipping alot on wet dirt. I figured duals would help alot. That's why I brought the 1270. Cab and duals.

Yeah as I was transporting my 1270 on the road. I noticed the pto is on and running. It doesn't have a pto switch to turn it off. I assume the previous owner probably broke the switch or removed it.. As I got to the dealer. It was leaking hytran fluid between the tranny and engine underneath.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Solocam8925 said:

The 1270 is in WI. They repaired the powershift. Yes the clutch was slipping bad. Can't wait till it comes back home.

There is no clutch!!!!

Guessing you mean one of the poweshift discs, or the Bellevue springs on the flywheel. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Solocam8925 said:

The 1270 is in WI. They repaired the powershift. Yes the clutch was slipping bad. Can't wait till it comes back home.

Glad to hear your getting it fixed and ready to work 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

There is no clutch!!!!

Guessing you mean one of the poweshift discs, or the Bellevue springs on the flywheel. 

If you're going to jump on the guy for terminology.  Check yours first. While the Powershift clutches are discs. They are clutches. The springs in the torque limiter are Belleville not Bellevue washers. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoshoe said:

If you're going to jump on the guy for terminology.  Check yours first. While the Powershift clutches are discs. They are clutches. The springs in the torque limiter are Belleville not Bellevue washers. Just saying.

We spent 8 pages setting the guy straight. My terminology is right, there is no clutch, singular,  in the tractor. 

Smartphone spell check must have got the Belleville washers.

4 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

We spent 8 pages setting the guy straight. My terminology is right, there is no clutch, singular,  in the tractor. 

Smartphone spell check must have got the Belleville washers.

I apologize.  Not my place to jump on anybody. Yes I was quite exasperated trying to explain why avoiding second gear was not going to work. He took quite a drubbing from members here. Did the right thing and remained upbeat about it all.

I do consider the c2 clutch to be the main clutch as it modulates and connects and disconnects power to the drive train. Don't know if that was the problem though.

Its entirely possible the dealer (mechanic) told him the above.   Met more than one mechanic who just "simplifies" things.   After all, the results are the same...tractor stops moving.   "The clutch was slipping, & we fixed it".   No need to get complicated and say "Well your C4 & R3 (whatever!) clutch packs had low control pressure causing them to wear and begin to slip.   We changed X Y & Z, and corrected the pressure control setting valve to....."

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 5:09 PM, brahamfireman said:

There is no clutch!!!!

Was told by the guys in Ridgeland WI that the bolts inside broke off and couple disc broke as well. They also rebuild the pto as well because it was running, and they added a pto switch too along with fixing all the fog lights. Basically the whole transmission is rebuilt. The hytran fluid leaking is patched up.. Yeah the bills around 8gs. Better than bringing it to case IH for 10-15gs. I don't know what #owner was the previous. But he really beat the crap out of this 1270 bad. But who knows what the owner before him did to it. It's a 50+yr old tractor...

Glad you got it fixed now. Will pay off in the long run. Hope it works out and hope to see pics of it working.

2 hours ago, Solocam8925 said:

Was told by the guys in Ridgeland WI that the bolts inside broke off and couple disc broke as well. They also rebuild the pto as well because it was running, and they added a pto switch too along with fixing all the fog lights. Basically the whole transmission is rebuilt. The hytran fluid leaking is patched up.. Yeah the bills around 8gs. Better than bringing it to case IH for 10-15gs. I don't know what #owner was the previous. But he really beat the crap out of this 1270 bad. But who knows what the owner before him did to it. It's a 50+yr old tractor...

Glad you took it over to the old Link Implement. Synergy co-op now. They know their stuff there. I'm sure Albert fixed you up good. He bleeds Case.