Updated magnum hydraulic couplers

Yes. I think all the ones I have installed are the updated ones .

1 hour ago, from H to 80 said:

image.jpg

Don’t have any idea why the text didn’t post Gremlins maybe.Anyway I ordered an updated coupler set from A&I and I can’t get them to work. I put everything together tried to hook the planter up and they would not couple. Pulled everything back apart and can’t see anything I did wrong I put one new coupler and one old coupler in each barrel with no springs or anything,the old coupler snaps right in and neither of the new ones will am I missing something here or did Chin Lee mess up with the machining on the new couplers

1 hour ago, from H to 80 said:

Don’t have any idea why the text didn’t post Gremlins maybe.Anyway I ordered an updated coupler set from A&I and I can’t get them to work. I put everything together tried to hook the planter up and they would not couple. Pulled everything back apart and can’t see anything I did wrong I put one new coupler and one old coupler in each barrel with no springs or anything,the old coupler snaps right in and neither of the new ones will am I missing something here or did Chin Lee mess up with the machining on the new couplers

I have gotten mine from Case IH. Don't know if A&I have an issue or what

Good thing this is my own tractor I don’t think anyone else would want the labor bill.     I found the problem the caps that hold the balls in place on the new couplers we’re not machine quite deep enough,about .008 I installed the old caps on the new couplers, now they work like they are supposed too.

I think these problems are only going to get worse as time goes on.

image.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, hippy5488 said:

magic word a&i = almost installable

Adapt & Improvise

Almost & Incomplete

I only say that in good fun.

Have used a lot of parts from them, far from all have had problems, and they have been the best source on lots of parts. But usually its easier to remember the ones that were a hassle to install. Overall happy with their parts.

But good to know about the couplers, have some Magnums here that haven't gotten that done to them yet, their day is probably coming.

Talking about those couplers reminds me of a service bulletin CNH had about a year ago in reference to those female couplers having shorter life than expected. We've used those couplers since the Magnums came out in 1987 on the Magnum series, as well as used them on the Steigers since the STXs came out. One big thing that this service bulletin brought to our attention is that perhaps the style of MALE tips has more to do with the life of these female couplers on the tractors. This service bulletin pointed out that the male tips with the "points" that release the female coupler on the tractor offer far less restriction than the male tips with the "ball end". Now, I thought for the last 25-30 years most places were recommending the "ball end" type of male tip, but this bulletin goes so far as to not recommend them in anything but older tractors anymore.

Any thoughts on this?

Hmmm.  I was under the impression the poppet ends were preferred for the “newer” tractors.  In any case I buy only poppet replacement ends, in part because of that, also because the ball ends only need a damaged area of the ball to end up at the seat and then it leaks.  That can’t happen with the poppet style.

I got a idea on a different setup it's been rolling around in my head for about two years, last year I decided to try it and been doing some R and D, now I'm doing it on 88's but i think it will work on magnums. I been planning to show it on here i just got to get some good pics