I have a little announcement..

vtfireman85

2 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

So...is this why you were asking a week ago where to find the good   cartoons?

Sorta, I know full well my kid/maybe kids will watch stuff I don’t care for, but kids these days just don’t know the old shows, i aim to remedy that as best i can. 
that and I just really enjoy good cartoons 😉

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations now the fun begins the worrys will come back when she turns 15  ! From a father of 3 girls then 3 boys who are now in their 30s and 40s.

11 hours ago, from H to 80 said:

From the father of 3 girls congratulations.

Same here.  Three girls, no boys, but now 4 granddaughters and 4 grandsons.

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Sorta, I know full well my kid/maybe kids will watch stuff I don’t care for, but kids these days just don’t know the old shows, i aim to remedy that as best i can. 

We watched tons of Looney Tunes with our grands.

9 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

We watched tons of Looney Tunes with our grands.

I watched looney toons, the wonderful world of Disney. Which seems like it was on for a period of time Saturday or Sunday morning. Sesame Street reading rainbow, mr Rogers, all things I think every kid should experience. I was in high school before we had more than the 3 channels. NBC, CBS and PBS you got what they had, or you played in the dirt. 

Congratulations, and welcome to the best and also the scariest thing you've ever done! 

Take care of Momma, the hard part begins for her now.  She'll need extra encouragement and support from you, now more than ever.

Congratulations, it's the best and scariest feeling in the world. 

We almost lost our first born at full term. 18 hours induced labor, then a c section.  She is now 12 and doing fine. 

Everybody talks about tough farm boys, but they couldn't have gotten there without tough farm girls that turn into momma's. My wife went through 5 c sections and will drive a tractor, combine or toss straw bales. I am sure you have a new respect for your wife and have a new respect for how amazing she is after giving birth.

Enjoy the small moments, they grow fast, hard to believe when you are  waking up every 2 hours, but you will miss that too as she grows up.

Oh! That kind of little surprise. Congrat's!! That's a good looking youngster you have there. May your days together be many & grand!

Mike

4 hours ago, JaredT said:

waking up every 2

Our daughter was a colic baby. She was our first and my wife and I were convinced that the reason for two parents was for one to keep the other from infanticide, alternating as required.

Doing the daddy walk, trying to let my wife get a little sleep, gently swaying while walking from the kitchen, through the hall, the living room, the dining room and back to the kitchen to look at the clock on the microwave and be sure a full minute had passed. Swaying while she was quiet and trying to lower my butt onto a chair only to have her scream just as my butt touched down even though I hadn't stopped swaying.

All the time the only monotonous thing I could think of whispering to her were the multiplication tables - one times one is one all the way to twelve times twelve is one hundred forty four.

She grew out of that phase and later became a math wiz!  High school salutatorian then graduating as an economics major with an engineering minor from an Ivy.

I've often wondered if the multiplication table pacifier had anything to do with it.🙃

Our son would take a boob and sleep soundly.

They're all different.

39 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

She looks happy on your shoulder!

Don't be fooled, she wanted one thing and one thing only 😂 and I didn’t have it. 

20 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

When I was in the USN and deployed we would get movies when the supply ship made deliveries.  The movies were all on 16 MM film and cartoons were always on a reel by themselves.  More than once I set  up a projector and watched the cartoon reel,  (the CinemaScope lens was a pain to get adjusted) most of the time no one else wanted to see the toons.  This was before the digital revolution !!

Archived