Low pressure on right side bank of injectors on Belarus 1500

rodhergott

Ran it out of fuel. Running again.  Will rev up but won’t hold rpm for long.  As if starving fuel.   Bled everything   The left bank injectors squirt like crazy.   Right side oil only runs out.     I haven’t replaced fuel filters.  Will that solve problem or are there bigger issues. Yes I know ur ih guys but ur smart ih Guys. Help me out

That is what I found on the internet for a Belarus cmd-62 injection pump. I’ve never saw anything like it. It looks to have two hydraulic pumping heads. One for each bank of the engine I guess. Try to bleed the bank that’s not pumping by running on the other bank. Funky design. Only good news I have is there under 500 dollars on eBay. No clue how you would time that thing. @Injpumped

When you have any fuel system problem, it is cheap & easy troubleshooting to change fuel filters. So unless they are brand new and known to be clean, that's always a good place to start.

Now, I have to say that I have zero experience with that style pump or Belarus in general. But looking at the pics above, I have an idea of how it works. If it is pumping normally on one of the two heads, but not the other I'd suspect something wrong internally. My guess is there's a center plunger and a distributor ring in each head and running it out of fuel either something got stuck or scored.

The old USSR wasn't known for their precision in manufacturing but things seemed to respond to old fashioned brutality. Try tapping on the head that's not pumping with a small hammer.

Get a half 1/2 gallon of Russian Vodka poor half of it in the new filters and see if it will bleed out the air

Drink the other half while doing this then you won't care if it works.

Pretty sure that is how they do it in Russia 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, MarkG said:

That is what I found on the internet for a Belarus cmd-62 injection pump. I’ve never saw anything like it. It looks to have two hydraulic pumping heads. One for each bank of the engine I guess. Try to bleed the bank that’s not pumping by running on the other bank. Funky design. Only good news I have is there under 500 dollars on eBay. No clue how you would time that thing. @Injpumped

Never seen any, plan to keep it that way lol!

• Haha 1

The injector pump has a little hand pump    The one presently on tractor not functioning so I ordered one from Ukraine 30 can including freight.    Maybe this will solve problem.   Someone commented on changing filters.  Given that the left side injectors working perfectly I’m wondering if filter change waste of money and time

You can bleed it with an air hose and a rag.  Use the rag to close off the tank fill around the air nozzle and CAREFULLY apply a little pressure.  Not a whole lot!!  Have someone crack the bleed while you do it.  You might also fill the filter with straight Marvel Mystery oil or Seafoam when you change them and see if that helps to clean it out.  I would imagine that Russian equipment is built to handle not so clean fuel, but it might want more lubrication that modern fuel has.  Add a quart of 2 stroke outboard oil to the fuel tank.

I was actually serious about tapping on it with a hammer. I suspect the center plunger in one of the distribution heads - the piston that pumps fuel at injection pressure - is stuck at TDC, so it's not following the cam that actuates it. Being Russian, that's probably not the end of the world, it just needs to get free'd up. Maybe a couple taps would jar it loose. Another idea would be to apply fuel to the inlet at a much higher pressure than normal. Hook up a hose that can take 100+ PSI, Hold it up and fill with fuel, then apply compressed air...

Just a couple thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, rodhergott said:

I knew u were serious and I will try that.   I was just venting a bit

No problem. I'm interested in what you find. I kinda want to take one of those pumps apart now just to see what they were thinking when it was made.

By the way I’m not following the instructions for bleeding it. The manual says to use the little hand pump on the injector pump and loosen a valve along the way. I did this last time but was having trouble opening the little hand pump this time.   This could be my problem.  I ordered a new hand pump from Ukraine.  Will take two months to get here 

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2022 at 10:20 AM, rodhergott said:

The one presently on tractor not functioning so I ordered one from Ukraine 30 can including freight

On 1/31/2022 at 8:09 PM, rodhergott said:

I ordered a new hand pump from Ukraine.  Will take two months to get here 

On 2/6/2022 at 7:32 PM, rodhergott said:

So the problem was air in the injector pump.   I took apart the little hand pump on the injector and loosened it up.  Reinstalled it.  And voila all cylinders have good pressure.  Thanks for all the suggestions

Sounds like you got it running did you ever get that hand pump?

I would think it is going to be difficult to get parts for Belarus Tractors in the coming months with the war going on

• Like 1

Running like a top.    I ordered the hand pump from Ukraine.  It came about 10 days later.   I’m the mean time I unseized the other one so now that have a spare.  This tractor is amazing for pushing snow.  Neighbours by those side by sides for 30000.   I bought this for 1500 and I can push 10 times the snow

• Like 5

Did the tractor come with the blade?

Not the most envious brand but sounds like a killer deal