Fence Row Value

IHHarvester886

Got a guy trying to sell me a 856 been sitting for a while don’t know a thing about it other than the appearance it’s straight original but weathered clutch pedal has a lot of side play so take it to have several hour on it tires are decent but older. It’s a 68 model with factory wide front. What’s a fair price for the tractor I’m not sure if the engine is stuck or if it’s free I didn’t pay a lot of attention to it as I was in a hurry that day but in his area figured I’d get the figures in line and go back and run over it with a fine tooth comb later. 

7 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

🤷🏼‍♂️

What happened to your $2500?

Probably $3000 on up here without seeing it.  Wengers would part it out and get a fortune for it in pieces.

Just now, Ihfan4life said:

I edited it because there isn’t enough information… 

IF it’s complete, and tires are good, it’s possibly a fair starting point 

I was joking kind of figured that.  There are just so many people looking to tinker here that i can't imagine scoring it for $2500 or less.

• Like 1

That's a pretty late 856!

Round here it would bring what it will weigh out. Down in Louisiana too.

I was in Natchitoches LA this fall. It's pretty downtown. Good food. 

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

I know a 1456 is a little more highly sought after, but also harder to find correct parts for!! I just picked up a 1456, with straight hood, 3 pt, dual hyd/pto, needs a radiator, (tough to find) sitting on a narrow front, so I need a wide front( tough to find), and the kicker, engine locked up!!! Why, I don’t know yet?? I paid $4500.  Probably to much? I don’t know? But it’s saved from the scrap heap anyway!!! 
Now an 856 is a great tractor, and I’m sure sought after as well, so if you have straight hoods, ok rubber, I would assume 3pt, dual hyd/pto? If the engine is free, I’m guessing $4-$5000? If stuck, going to guess $3-$4000? Problem with these 407’s, good crankshafts are hard to come by, and blocks! So I hope the engine free, and you can come to an agreement on the 856!!! 

1 hour ago, Farmall1066 said:

I know a 1456 is a little more highly sought after, but also harder to find correct parts for!! I just picked up a 1456, with straight hood, 3 pt, dual hyd/pto, needs a radiator, (tough to find) sitting on a narrow front, so I need a wide front( tough to find), and the kicker, engine locked up!!! Why, I don’t know yet?? I paid $4500.  Probably to much? I don’t know? But it’s saved from the scrap heap anyway!!! 
Now an 856 is a great tractor, and I’m sure sought after as well, so if you have straight hoods, ok rubber, I would assume 3pt, dual hyd/pto? If the engine is free, I’m guessing $4-$5000? If stuck, going to guess $3-$4000? Problem with these 407’s, good crankshafts are hard to come by, and blocks! So I hope the engine free, and you can come to an agreement on the 856!!! 

We're going to need a project thread on that 1456. I saw it advertised, thought that's intriguing. Keep us updated on progress please.

4 hours ago, DT Fan said:

We're going to need a project thread on that 1456. I saw it advertised, thought that's intriguing. Keep us updated on progress please.

I will do that!! It will be awhile before I tear into it, the 1256W needs done yet, and then my 856 is next in line, and that needs a lot!!!! 

• Like 1

I recommend you go to purplewave.com auction house and determine what others have been paying recently. Since late 21 old iron has been way past what we would pay. Purplewave is out of Kansas but auction from NC to IL.  Based on prices I have seen recently, could be a great time to part with little used machines.