1066 Rear Hydraulic Remotes/3 point not working

Brew

My 1066's (5600 hrs)  rear hydraulics went out, no remote power or 3 pt power. I have the hitch pump out of it now. The seals were intact, just a bit smashed. I have new seals to change it out, but if that doesnt work. I will probably get a new pump, though all of the pumps i have found with the part numbers that i have, have two ports and mine only has one. So its throwing me off a bit. 

So I guess i am asking, if i change the o-rings and put it back in and it still doesnt work, is it the pump? or do i look at another part? Thanks in advance. 

pump.jpg

Check the o-ring on the mounting plate between the plate and rearend housing, too...

But yeah, not uncommon for those pumps to wear out. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone removing the pump just to replace seals, but if you don't mind the work, rock on.

Travis

Just love it when @Sparky chimes in!!

Bought my 756 and changed HYD filter, Hytran looked great, left the oil alone.

spring 21 planting 4 row 7000 with 12 Rawson coulter's and extended tongue and frame, ads allot of weight.

couldn't lift the planter on the fly, had to stop and lift it up!

guess I'm looking at a hitch pump and new oil??

4 hours ago, Michigan No Till said:

spring 21 planting 4 row 7000 with 12 Rawson coulter's and extended tongue and frame, ads allot of weight.

I'd definitely suspect the o-ring on the hitch  pump mounting plate where it bolts up to the rear end housing. 

Travis

10 hours ago, Michigan No Till said:

Change out the relief valve for one out of a 66 or 86 series.  Higher pressure, will cause no problems.   Very common on the older tractors to "not lift" newer implements.  Thats why IH kept increasing the relief pressure as time went on.

Thanks Travis and Jeff.

Have a 3000psi guage took forever to get it, couplers are pioneer.

Which one do ya put the guage on upper or lower, dumb question but has been years.

Tractor at idle when testing pressures?

What kind of pressure is correct when putting lever to the lift position.

I changed the hydraulic pump on a 966 and the new pump had an extra port. When I asked about it I was told the same pump fits multiple applications. Some applications piggy back two pumps and this is what the other port is for. The extra port was blocked by the mounting plate in my application.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, Michigan No Till said:

Which one do ya put the guage on upper or lower, dumb question but has been years.

Doesn't matter. You should get full pressure out of any of the outlets. Just gotta move the right lever in the right direction. 25% chance of getting it right if you go at it wearing a blindfold.