Work bench project

Mr. Plow

Upgrading some of my tool storage (bought a bigger box) and decided to turn my 42x18 deep US General box into a workbench.  Built the frame this afternoon out of 2"×1/4" angle.  Box slides in from back and is secured with bolted rear angle.

Need to make the top still (3/4" plywood glued back to back for 1-1/2" thick top) and give it a coat of paint (hammer finish  dark gray).

Pick up new boxes tomorrow,  then it's tool transfer time!

20220128_170000.jpg

20220128_170007.jpg

3 hours ago, MTB98 said:

Looks nice!  What kind of boxes are you getting?

US General. 72" bottom with 56" top in blue.  

Screenshot_20220110-162646_Facebook.jpg

2 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Looks good, i have looked at those, they are surprisingly decent, and relatively affordable. 

Agreed, bottom was on sale, top 10% off, whole deal was 10% off for using their card.

I always thought them or the Cornwell tool boxes were priced very well. When I graduated high school, I took all my gift money and bought a Craftsman roller bearing lock drawer top and bottom chest. One of the best things I bought, although I do like the ability to work off the top of the tool box. 

On the 8th day, God made front end loaders......even little ones.....to save our backs!

Got bench done and new boxes in place.  Bench is screwed to wall (angle iron on back edge) to allow for pushing/pulling/prying on things on vice.

20220129_130500.jpg

20220129_203554.jpg

20220129_213224.jpg

On 1/29/2022 at 10:50 PM, Mr. Plow said:

On the 8th day, God made front end loaders......even little ones.....to save our backs!

Got bench done and new boxes in place.  Bench is screwed to wall (angle iron on back edge) to allow for pushing/pulling/prying on things on vice.

20220129_130500.jpg

20220129_203554.jpg

20220129_213224.jpg

Looks good! 👍👍

I wish I had enough tools to fill one of those boxes, three! 😳  I wanna work in your garage!

That loader tractor is still look'n  mighty fine.  I'm sure it handled the unloading task with ease.

If I had that many tools I wouldn't be able to find what I needed when I need it.🤩 I do keep my metric and sae tools in different boxes though. Metrics rarely get used. Nice setup.

9 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Looks good! 👍👍

I wish I had enough tools to fill one of those boxes, three! 😳  I wanna work in your garage!

That loader tractor is still look'n  mighty fine.  I'm sure it handled the unloading task with ease.

Thanks.     

That made the loader work a little bit.   +/-700# is about 1/2 what the tractor weights!   Wouldn't have wanted any more on it backing it off the trailer gate.....but it handled it ok.....just slow and easy.

Was nice for getting top box up there....at 300# its no light weight!

Forks and QA buckets were the best upgrades I could have made to that little rig....swap bucket and forks all the time. 

Archived