Whatsit worth??

Missouri Mule

I have my old H sitting around that I have to get moved from Moms place. Its beed parked outside 10 years, tires are probably so so now that it's set. Rims are rusting from calcium. Exhaust is open, so probably is stuck. Bad deal, it had an inframe with low hours on a fresh 300 or 350 head cant remember but squirrels chewed the top of the cup covering exhaust that appeared to be keeping rain out 🤦‍♂️sheetmetal is straight (no fenders) 

Anyway I'm calling it a parts tractor now. Was somewhat sentimental but I am not willing to throw the money at it that it needs to be right. Was thinking around $500. You guys think I'm close or what. Sorry no pics. 

And BJ If you frown upon me asking a value because it conflicts our rules then poof please. 

42 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

I have my old H sitting around that I have to get moved from Moms place. Its beed parked outside 10 years, tires are probably so so now that it's set. Rims are rusting from calcium. Exhaust is open, so probably is stuck. Bad deal, it had an inframe with low hours on a fresh 300 or 350 head cant remember but squirrels chewed the top of the cup covering exhaust that appeared to be keeping rain out 🤦‍♂️sheetmetal is straight (no fenders) 

Anyway I'm calling it a parts tractor now. Was somewhat sentimental but I am not willing to throw the money at it that it needs to be right. Was thinking around $500. You guys think I'm close or what. Sorry no pics. 

And BJ If you frown upon me asking a value because it conflicts our rules then poof please. 

I'd try to see if it is stuck and see if you have any nephews or nieces that would be interested in a project to learn on ? 

• Like 4

$500 sounds about right depending how it looks.  I bought a runner from the neighbor 2 years ago or so for $750.  Now it is getting antifreeze in the oil. 😟

What about that kid that was looking for am FFA project, I know it’s not quite what he was looking for, but he didn’t seem to be having much luck finding something and he might want to get on it before he gets too old. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bitty said:

I'd try to see if it is stuck and see if you have any nephews or nieces that would be interested in a project to learn on ? 

Well, no nephews or nieces that I know would do anything with it. My boys would maybe one day but I'd rather spend the money on something we could use around the farm honestly like a 656 or utility or whatever.  We used to use the H to rake, tedder, I have 2 sickle mowers for it. Problem is we just outgrew it. Rakes and tedder's take too many hydraulics. 

3 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

What about that kid that was looking for am FFA project, I know it’s not quite what he was looking for, but he didn’t seem to be having much luck finding something and he might want to get on it before he gets too old. 

Dont remember which kid your talking about. 

1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

Well, no nephews or nieces that I know would do anything with it. My boys would maybe one day but I'd rather spend the money on something we could use around the farm honestly like a 656 or utility or whatever.  We used to use the H to rake, tedder, I have 2 sickle mowers for it. Problem is we just outgrew it. Rakes and tedder's take too many hydraulics. 

Dont remember which kid your talking about. 

I cant remember what he called himself, started off looking for a 560 diesel or something but only had 1000 bucks to spend for an FFA project. Good intentions, but I think a little unrealistic. He might have reconsidered his high aspirations a little… hopefully someone on here will remember his name

My opinion is, if you have someplace to keep it,for the 500 that you might get out of it ,fill the crankcase with diesel,cover the pipe and let it sit, 10 years from now you might change your mind and it will be gone.

• Like 6

People pay good money for a yard art tractor, my brother ( not the collector in the family) bought this after I wouldn’t let him have one of mine !

C12E085F-B646-49A0-8581-1E27A360548A.jpeg

9 minutes ago, CONN said:

People pay good money for a yard art tractor, my brother ( not the collector in the family) bought this after I wouldn’t let him have one of mine !

C12E085F-B646-49A0-8581-1E27A360548A.jpeg

You know, some people don’t get it. More than once i have been more than casually approached by someone wanting a piece of my equipment so they could park it in their yard. As i spend most of My time it seems trying to repair the damage from machines that have sat outside their whole lives, and i try to keep stuff under cover, they don’t seem to get it when I refuse and am kind of offended.
the worst was a guy i sold a JD 2 bottom plow to. He wanted to buy my M to hook the plow to to put on his front yard. Wanted to know what I thought it would cost to have it painted, but he wanted to paint it green and yellow, figured it would look more authentic and no one would be able to tell the difference… i told him it wasn’t for sale.  

Location is very important. I don't think you can translate values very well.

Antique tractors don't bring that much here at auction unless two buyers are there and it's rare/desirable. In other places they have significant value.

BTW I drove by a 100  plus year old wooden wagon someone was using for lawn art. What a waste. It will rot down in a few years in this climate.

Thx-Ace 

• Sad 1

They walk among us!

Sad to say but my bil’s dad bought a very nice Studebaker wagon. I think paid around $1500. It was way to good for yard art but it rotted down the same. Made me sick. It didn’t even look good imho because it wasn’t decrepit enough. 

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I cant remember what he called himself, started off looking for a 560 diesel or something but only had 1000 bucks to spend for an FFA project. Good intentions, but I think a little unrealistic. He might have reconsidered his high aspirations a little… hopefully someone on here will remember his name

@Gabewas him right?

So called yard art makes me sick too.Its like some stuff they leave sit out I farmed with.Old JD side bar rakes,3btm trailer plows and sycle bar mowers. I see them it's like why do they let them rust to junk. I spent days trying to get that stuff to work and they just abuse it.My farm during busy seasons though whole place looks like yard art,stuff sitting everywhere. 

• Like 1

Well fellas in the end I gave it away anyway. 😂

My buddy has been helping me some and he was out today helping me clean up some things from moms place. I have a ton of stuff to move home before the sale. He was interested In it and I said you come back and help me more and its all yours. He hauled the old H home today. Worked out good for both of us 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

I hope that he will keep it and get it going again. You might like to see the ol girl again someday. 

Yah, I will. In fact he said it will be a while before he gets to it and said if I change my mind I can come grab it. I thought that was about as solid of deal as I could get. 

• Like 2