Dental appointments available today, but hurry.

lorenzo

Cool! I've never seen a power float. It just makes me cringe and walk away to watch the vet. All I can imagine is that rasp drawn across my teeth.

• Like 1

You would need more than that halter affair to hold me still if you came at me with that thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I know horses need their teeth floated at times, but I can’t watch them do it.  I hate the dentist with a passion myself and then when they get to grinding on a tooth I about loose it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

I float my teeth every night by grinding them!  LOL!

Don’t tell your dot medical examiner that!! They will send to sleep study. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Rotating diamond disc on the end. 

Getting his teeth floated.

I wasn't sure I knew what was happening in the picture, but now I'm sure. I'm sure I have no idea what any of it means!! 😆

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KWRB said:

I wasn't sure I knew what was happening in the picture, but now I'm sure. I'm sure I have no idea what any of it means!! 😆

Horses will get hooks on their teeth that make it difficult for them to eat, or maybe the bit won’t sit in their mouth right because of a hook. They go in and grind the teeth smooth on the sides and level the teeth out. 

• Like 1

its not very fun to watch and if you are holding the horse it can get dangerous if they get too much sedation and fall over - at the vet ihad to hold their heads up off the railing because they would strangle and lose their air - horses are bad enough at wasting food let alone when their teeth are bad - our guy used the same deal, dewalt with long stainless rotary chisel on the end like this image.png.6b3d766d72c90931b12a8045dc453c3b.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

You would need more than that halter affair to hold me still if you came at me with that thing. 

...those green   crocs that  @acem liked.....would be humming  eh ??   !!!

Mike

• Like 1

9 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

its not very fun to watch and if you are holding the horse it can get dangerous if they get too much sedation and fall over - at the vet ihad to hold their heads up off the railing because they would strangle and lose their air - horses are bad enough at wasting food let alone when their teeth are bad - our guy used the same deal, dewalt with long stainless rotary chisel on the end like this image.png.6b3d766d72c90931b12a8045dc453c3b.png

Thats the one. The bit last through about five horses before its replaced. 

The apparatus that most ( not all ) but most equine dentist use to hold the mouth open is manufactured just a few miles from my south farm. Quite the mid evil looking thing to say the least.

37 minutes ago, acem said:

Talking about medieval, ever use a Henderson castration tool?

ACFDCB.jpg

Nope, straight razor blades. Pigs - I would capture and hold (and cringe). Floor would be slippery with pig nuts.

51 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Does the drill just twirl the whole tool, kind of like a safety wire pliers???  I don't see what other purpose it could serve.  Ouch!!

no just the cutting head rotates at the very end like a head on a toothbrush or weedeater if you will 

• Like 1

Robert:  I was referring to the castrator! 

As a kid we had our pony's teeth floated with a file like YRF was referring to.  I think there are also some kind of clippers that do it, but I would think that would tend to shatter the tooth.  The new fangled rotary tool definitly look better!