Canadian trucks

Lazy WP

6 minutes ago, 806 man said:

the MAYOR of Ottawa and the POLICE have are the ones that shut down the go fund me . {that is theft by conversion}.

• Like 2

Somebody on one of the FB pages quoted a lawyer in the US who is saying that depriving citizens the necessities of life is against the Geneva Convention.  i.e. The Ottawa Police arresting and charging citizens who are bringing in donations of food, clothing, and fuel. 

I just watched a disturbing video of the Ottawa PO roughing up and arresting a little old man in his mini-van for honking his horn. I guess he was an easy target for the young officer to over-power. Luckily a patriotic Canadian got it all on video. Saddening. Maybe the officer was one of the "hundreds of newly sworn-in officers brought in to take control of the situation".

I also watched Fox at noon hour and it's reassuring to see so many important folks in the US standing with the Freedom Convoy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

One of our very own from here. That’s north of 60’s son. 

Saw on Facebook this morning they were arresting a couple of farmers with trucks that had slip tanks in the back. They were currently empty but who knows what they were doing before. Ridiculous either way.  I almost always have a tank in the back of my truck aside from snowmobiling season. 

Just for clarity, my son Danny was not one of the speakers in the video posted by Rawleigh99 this morning.. he would have been there for sure, and works side by side with all those folks.. and has spoken on other releases, but not the one this morning..

This is him:

"Heard today one of the RCMP officers let go from Trudeau's personal protection is one helping run/organize this little Ottawa gathering.  Keeping his 15 year policingbackground in the forefront to help keepthings peaceful. "

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

I just watched a disturbing video of the Ottawa PO roughing up and arresting a little old man in his mini-van for honking his horn.

In the US he would be commended for "following his 'training".

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, north of 60 said:

Just for clarity, my son Danny was not one of the speakers in the video posted by Rawleigh99 this morning.. he would have been there for sure, and works side by side with all those folks.. and has spoken on other releases, but not the one this morning..

This is him:

"Heard today one of the RCMP officers let go from Trudeau's personal protection is one helping run/organize this little Ottawa gathering.  Keeping his 15 year policingbackground in the forefront to help keepthings peaceful. "

Your son sounds like a great guy...he made an impression on one of my fellow employees here at work.  She spoke highly of him after visiting Ottawa this weekend.

I'm sure he makes you proud

• Like 4

91% sounds like a real fringe minority to me. Poll by the Toronto star as of this morning 

42153A53-A4D7-49C3-B590-51E5F0EEA1C1.png

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, north of 60 said:

This is him:

Yes was watching him on YouTube or facebook last night as he was addressing the unlawful arrests. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Your son sounds like a great guy...he made an impression on one of my fellow employees here at work.  She spoke highly of him after visiting Ottawa this weekend.

I'm sure he makes you proud

History will show I guess whether he is right or wrong, or partly both ... but we are proud of him for standing up so strongly for what he believes in ... at the expense of a career he loved and his livelihood .. 

As Aaron Tippen sings in one of his songs . .." you've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything " 

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Guy I work with went there with his wife on weekend, said he has never been to Ottawa and seen so many friendly people.  Talking to everyone, smiling, enjoying being there in the cold.  There was NO fighting,  name calling, anything negative.   He couldn't belive it.

What does that tell you, very odd Mr Mayor!  Doesn't sound at all like the news reports you are using to make decisions.  I think you should go out on the streets of your city and see what is really going on.  While you are at it, take Mr Ground Hog with you since he still has his head stuck in a hole and not knowing what is happening.  

Awfully sad political representation happening here!

Heard today one of the RCMP officers let go from Trudeau's personal protection is one helping run/organize this little Ottawa gathering.  Keeping his 15 year policing background in the forefront to help keep things peaceful. 

Like Dale showed earlier, awfully clean streets.  Ottawa never looked so good!

talking to another guy I know that went down on the weekend, He said it was nothing like what the media is reporting. Very friendly and offered free food to everyone including the homeless

6 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

"Snipers on the roofs", shades of Ruby Ridge, Mt. Carmel, and the assassination of Mr. Lavoy Finicum, which tells me that our FBI is having some say on how Canadian law enforcement is being directed to respond.

FBI- don't think so Art at least for the snipers. I heard a former OPP commissioner talking about the snipers last week. Its a standard practice here for any protest or gathering that size, They are there for security and he claims equally as much for surveillance on roof tops

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hillman said:

talking to another guy I know that went down on the weekend, He said it was noting like what the media is reporting. Very friendly and offered free food to everyone including the homeless

FBI- don't think so Art at least for the snipers. I heard a former OPP commissioner talking about the snipers last week. Its a standard practice here for any protest or gathering that size, They are there for security and he claims equally as much for surveillance on roof tops

true- dough's sniper quite on him . lol. no more body guard. 

25 minutes ago, hillman said:

talking to another guy I know that went down on the weekend, He said it was noting like what the media is reporting. Very friendly and offered free food to everyone including the homeless

Yes Art, that is standard procedure, even in Canada, lol... Danny was one of those snipers before he resigned over the mandated vaccine policy for RCMP members...

We have exchanged opinions before Art on our law enforcement views.. and we are at total opposite ends of the spectrum ... I have no idea what has happened in your life that has caused your total disdain and suspicion for law enforcement .. but I don't live in the US, so perhaps it's different there.. but my guess is there are thousands of quality law enforcement officers across the US as well.. 

I spent 35 years as a front line police officer in Canada.. I lived and breathed it, so I know of what I speak.. and have worked with hundreds and hundreds of police officers during that time.. in Canada, police protect life and property ... and do so day in and out in every community across the country... there are only a very few of those hundreds of officers that I worked with that I would not care to work with again.. almost all were very committed to keeping  the streets and homes safe for average citizens.. 

• Thanks 7

those snipers and the other police have a task that few seem to understand over and above breaking up the protest. This situation could turn into a Boston Marathon disaster. They are there to also protect all the protesters as far fetched as some may think. If there is a security threat in the crowd I want them on the roof tops 

I think I saw him on a public address video with another guy yesterday, that's when I watched it may have been recorded earlier 

Watched a grandpa address a bunch of police in pretty heavy gear this morning praying in front and for all, one of the lead guys bowed his head down and kicked at the snow, if you study body english pretty good tell that he disagrees with what is being asked of them, think they are aiming at cutoff supplies now fuel and food trying to make it difficult, the convoy is pretty resourceful have to see if underground kicks in, they have been ahead of the curve so far, going to get tougher, yes the media is as bad as the people in power, one and the same unfortunately 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hardtail said:

, the convoy is pretty resourceful have to see if underground kicks in, they have been ahead of the curve so far, going to get tougher, yes the media is as bad as the people in power, one and the same unfortunately 

its easy when the PC announces every move he plans the make a few times a day 🤣

3 hours ago, north of 60 said:

We have exchanged opinions before Art on our law enforcement views.. and we are at total opposite ends of the spectrum ... I have no idea what has happened in your life that has caused your total disdain and suspicion for law enforcement .. but I don't live in the US, so perhaps it's different there.. but my guess is there are thousands of quality law enforcement officers across the US as well.. 

Although likely not on the same scale of Art, I can see his point of view.  "Protect & Serve" is a bit outdated anymore as I truly believe there are more and more undesirables filling the ranks as the years pass.  I know of 3 personally myself who simply did it as a way to exercise their power over others in one way or another and a way to get a cushy pension.

I'm sure everyone on this forum has stories that instead of a friendly warning and a "protect & serve"  they were given attitude, hefty fines and an experience that left them less than happy over something that was a trivial infraction in the grand scheme.  We all know that the "law is the law" isn't how it really works. 

I LOVE or local borough police dept as they spend very little time on speed traps and other moving infractions, and quickly weed out new hires that want to hammer down.  Friendly stops, and warnings are the norm unless its serious or a 2nd time issue.  People aren't dying, there is law and order and everyone is happy.  

What's going on in this protest is no different, those guys on the ground know what they're doing is complete BS and that they're simply doing the goon work for the political ninnies that are in hiding and too afraid to see the repercussions of their policies.  Just doing your job to get paid and pension out isn't a valid excuse all the time. 

Most times I'll support law enforcement, but everything they touch and do isnt always gold.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Although likely not on the same scale of Art, I can see his point of view.  "Protect & Serve" is a bit outdated anymore as I truly believe there are more and more undesirables filling the ranks as the years pass.  I know of 3 personally myself who simply did it as a way to exercise their power over others in one way or another and a way to get a cushy pension.

I'm sure everyone on this forum has stories that instead of a friendly warning and a "protect & serve"  they were given attitude, hefty fines and an experience that left them less than happy over something that was a trivial infraction in the grand scheme.  We all know that the "law is the law" isn't how it really works. 

I LOVE or local borough police dept as they spend very little time on speed traps and other moving infractions, and quickly weed out new hires that want to hammer down.  Friendly stops, and warnings are the norm unless its serious or a 2nd time issue.  People aren't dying, there is law and order and everyone is happy.  

What's going on in this protest is no different, those guys on the ground know what they're doing is complete BS and that they're simply doing the goon work for the political ninnies that are in hiding and too afraid to see the repercussions of their policies.  Just doing your job to get paid and pension out isn't a valid excuse all the time. 

Most times I'll support law enforcement, but everything they touch and do isnt always gold.  

You're right, it's not always going to be perfect... and I think I alluded to that to some extent... only saying how it was during my time.... made many friends outside the police world along the way, some who are still close friends today.. that helped to keep me grounded. My approach was to treat people the way I would like to be treated if I was in their circumstance.. can't go too far wrong doing that . 

• Like 3

A night with the untouchables

I live in downtown Ottawa, right in the middle of the trucker convoy protest. They are literally camped out below my bedroom window. My new neighbours moved in on Friday and they seem determined to stay. I have read a lot about what my new neighbours are supposedly like, mostly from reporters and columnists who write from distant vantage points somewhere in the media heartland of Canada. Apparently the people who inhabit the patch of asphalt next to my bedroom are white supremacists, racists, hatemongers, pseudo-Trumpian grifters, and even QAnon-style nutters. I have a perfect view down Kent Street – the absolute ground zero of the convoy. In the morning, I see some protesters emerge from their trucks to stretch their legs, but mostly throughout the day they remain in their cabs honking their horns. At night I see small groups huddled in quiet conversations in their new found companionship. There is no honking at night. What I haven’t noticed, not even once, are reporters from any of Canada’s news agencies walking among the trucks to find out who these people are. So last night, I decided to do just that – I introduced myself to my new neighbours.

https://maybury.ca/the-reformed-physicist/2022/02/03/a-night-with-the-untouchables/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Steve C. said:

A night with the untouchables

I live in downtown Ottawa, right in the middle of the trucker convoy protest. They are literally camped out below my bedroom window. My new neighbours moved in on Friday and they seem determined to stay. I have read a lot about what my new neighbours are supposedly like, mostly from reporters and columnists who write from distant vantage points somewhere in the media heartland of Canada. Apparently the people who inhabit the patch of asphalt next to my bedroom are white supremacists, racists, hatemongers, pseudo-Trumpian grifters, and even QAnon-style nutters. I have a perfect view down Kent Street – the absolute ground zero of the convoy. In the morning, I see some protesters emerge from their trucks to stretch their legs, but mostly throughout the day they remain in their cabs honking their horns. At night I see small groups huddled in quiet conversations in their new found companionship. There is no honking at night. What I haven’t noticed, not even once, are reporters from any of Canada’s news agencies walking among the trucks to find out who these people are. So last night, I decided to do just that – I introduced myself to my new neighbours.

https://maybury.ca/the-reformed-physicist/2022/02/03/a-night-with-the-untouchables/

That’s a great article!!!! Thank you for sharing that!!!!

• Like 2