Bosch Injection Pump Identification

anglo4

Could someone help please?     I have a pump but not sure which International it's off.

It's a USA build with various references :-

APE4A-800-2049A

GVA 225 PK2

Thanks for looking Hope someone can put me straight...!

Part # is very similar. Does it look like this pump?  Mine is off a TD9 bulldozer.

TD9Bosch.jpg

TD9Boschpump.jpg

Yours is probably an older model of mine. I am guessing that the Model # is 2050-A as my serial # is also newer than yours. From what I understand these American Bosch pumps were only fitted for a few years in the 1940's before the IH pumps. My machine is a 1951 model but someone previous to me has rebuilt it with an older D335 engine and the Bosch fuel system.  You can check out more discussion on this subject if you search for older posts on Bosch. 

WaldoTD9  has rebuilt one.

That's correct, Ian.  The photo is my TD-9 and in order to update to a newer starter (with solenoid on top) I had to take the twin filter bracket assembly off my TD-9-91 and block the one filter.  Bosch ones only had 1 filter with a "flat" bracket, not a "curved" bracket on newer models.

Minus 28 Celsius here tonight. ( -18 F.)  I'm guessing it's +28 down your way?

Quite why the factory used different pumps for different markets is probably lost in the mists of time. My 1952 WD9, ux USA has an IH set up but I have never seen a lend lease or any other European sold D6 or D9 with anything but Bosch equipment. Maybe IH could charge more for overseas sales so used the alternative supply chain. From what I read, the Bosch stuff was more expensive ?   

8 hours ago, anglo4 said:

Quite why the factory used different pumps for different markets is probably lost in the mists of time. My 1952 WD9, ux USA has an IH set up but I have never seen a lend lease or any other European sold D6 or D9 with anything but Bosch equipment. Maybe IH could charge more for overseas sales so used the alternative supply chain. From what I read, the Bosch stuff was more expensive ?   

Bosch is very big in Europe, assuming the fuel pump Bosch is the same as we know Bosch here (Robert Bosch). A few hours across the border in Germany, in Stuttgart, Bosch has a big factory with over 14000 employees. They do a lot of stuff, from vacuum cleaners to electric drills and much more

Bosch is and always has been a German company . Their start of their operation in the USA was hindered by a couple of world wars ! This could be why IH brought in their own system if there was some resistance to German named stuff.....