Anyone know anything about cat breeds?

vtfireman85

Multi claw-polydactle. Uncle had a cat with 2 "thumbs" on each front paw. It could literally grab things. 

6 hours ago, Twolines said:

Multi claw-polydactle. Uncle had a cat with 2 "thumbs" on each front paw. It could literally grab things. 

I had a girlfriend whose mom had one with what we called mitten paws - extra toes/claws. He'd grab something and then have a hard time letting go. Funny watching him trying to shake it loose.

14 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

Emma is in trouble!!!!!! 

Actually we had fallen asleep on the couch, woke up a took one look at her sitting there in a pile of stuffed animal that i had given her about an hour before and we both burst out laughing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/23/2022 at 4:02 PM, IHC_1470 said:

Sphynx / Hairless Cat                                                                                                                                                                                  Then there are these. Sphynx/Hairless Cat. Did not read the entire post so if someone else post about this breed I apologies.

I have a sister-in-law who has one of these. They got her bred, asking price for the kittens was $3,000 apiece. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, New Englander said:

I had a girlfriend whose mom had one with what we called mitten paws - extra toes/claws. He'd grab something and then have a hard time letting go. Funny watching him trying to shake it loose.

Like these? 
our last cat was also polydactyl, but he had 6 right across and on all 4 feet, Mango here has double thumbs on the front, but 4 on the rear. 

7F89BA9D-267F-433C-B4C3-C91D80465B31.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Like these? 
our last cat was also polydactyl, but he had 6 right across and on all 4 feet, Mango here has double thumbs on the front, but 4 on the rear. 

One of our barn cats is the same way. Course his name is Bigfoot.  

C27196CD-8B1F-4A13-B1DF-2A76191182A8.jpeg

176E5F5E-C6F6-4033-8B1F-AB1A50E5C581.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 10:46 PM, searcyfarms said:

short hair or long hair - siamese - we rescued a manx - tabby are my experience - manx, dont get one of those suckers!!! he has been a menace - they have a spinal issue with their vertebra that causes them to not have a tail, its very common for them to be incontinent. Ours will jsut be walking along and drop a pellet out the rear hatch and has no idea what happened. THey also tinkle and dont realize it either and will lay right in the mess, at least ours does. Last winter he got up under the dash of my boat and up into the front compartment from below and we had no idea. It almost ruined things. We had to air it out, throw away 4 life jackets all the while he was still using the litter box so we thot nothing of it. 

We didnt realize the problems brewing so with lots of chemicals, scrubbing, sunshine, bleach, ammonia, pinesol, some carpet stuff for pets, baking soad and some other online concoctions we got it cleaned out and tolerable. 

Cat has been kicked out of the barn. He sleeps with the dog now in the garage and hasnt been a problem there outside of walking all over our vehicles and leaving tracks. We find an errant dropping here or there but he hasnt been spraying in teh garage. 

All our cats growing up were outdoor tabbys. Short hair like the famous oranger tiger striped  morris the 9lives cat. They come in gray and orange mostly. 

siamese, my aunt/uncle had one, outside male, when i lived with them while attending DeVry, any cat in the neighborhood that came over was in for a fight, that was the meanest sucker i ever saw, not much of a lover, just down right in a pissy mood all the time, not saying they are all like that but i have heard siamese are fighters and he was. We would get woke up at night to the most awful screaming hissing growling fight you ever could imagine. 

we name all our cats walter, we are currently on walter 3.0

All of the best cats we have had have been orange tabbys.
Gale's favorite of those was one we called Lightning when he was young because he was fast and incredible leaping ability. Later Gale started calling him Purty because he was a good looking cat that could have easily been a Morris as he looked just like him. 

Then there was that one multi colored little complain cat the kids called Sam which stood for "S--ts At Mealtime" She was the mother of Lightning/Purty who came out of the last litter she had before we got her spayed.  

When my feral freeloader showed up, half dead and discovered outside by my pregnant and hormonal wife (which naturally means we took in), I of course needed to take it to the vet to deal with the remarkably large fleas, roundworms and tapeworms. I asked my vet what breed she might be. He kinda laughed and said "domestic shorthair".

On 1/23/2022 at 4:46 PM, Sledgehammer said:

There are several kinds of cats

1- good cats

2- bad cats

3- free cats

4- dead cats

5- barn cats

6- house cats

...are you sayin'    that ''hep'' cats  are extinct???   Always thought the US had a bunch of them ??

Mike

6 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...are you sayin'    that ''hep'' cats  are extinct???   Always thought the US had a bunch of them ??

Mike

Not really. We sure got a bunch of something.... I think mostly scardy-cats in modern times probably.  Several of the “Bob” variety also.  My list of “cats” is a partial one at best 😊

94B7E1CA-30AB-4B08-9C07-33F758A5505D.jpeg

• Like 2

We have 3 cats, two that showed up as kittens and one my wife adopted. About 2 months before the other 2 got left with us….

the adopted one is a real basket case!

5BA831BD-CCDC-4300-875B-8BA1F7C86515.thumb.jpeg.f902ccb3a61f9801ed4090325218d99c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1