5088 Seat

My 50 has a hydraulic seat and no right hand armrest. The seat is one of the brown ones that is kind of cloth and is close to flaking apart. Any suggestions where to get a new seat or try to get it recovered? Any suggestions on a right side arm rest?

K & M used to make replacements for the brown seats. They had a wood back and came with screws to turn into the wood. The originals had a quarter turn clip to remove them. I assume they still make them.

I would check with a boneyard. Especially with the arm rest. My 1486 was missing the left one and being a brown one I figured it’d be tough to find one but lucked out finding one there. May have luck finding a decent used cushion set too going that route 

Go to a salvage yard and find an armrest. Then take the armrest and seat to an upholstery shop.  They will be able to replace the foam if needed. This is what I did to a 5488. I would second the opinion on air ride. 

9DBA91F2-FCCA-42ED-988F-23F089098FB3.jpeg

• Like 3

No aftermarket air ride seats for me they are expensive and cheaply made plus give more trouble than the are worth  

1 hour ago, ksfarmdude said:

No aftermarket air ride seats for me they are expensive and cheaply made plus give more trouble than the are worth  

My 5088 came with a Grammer air seat the second owners put in during the couple of years they owned it.  Based on the rest of the tractor, the OEM air/oil seat would have been in mint condition and I wish it was still there.  The Grammer seat will leak down and bottom out overnight, and while it's got a zillion adjustments it never seems to feel quite right to me.  The ride is okay but I don't think it is *that* much of an improvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 88power said:

To each is own but oil makes a bigger mess than air and with these thing 35+ it's not a matter of if but when they go to leaking 

Never had any leak oil but sure had to replace alot of air lines air bags and pumps ( mostly on Deere's)  and those things are alot more expensive than you think Its sure  pain in the arse when you can't even get it to raise any during the heat of busy season then you start looking like your a dwarf sitting in the seat 

2 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

Never had any leak oil but sure had to replace alot of air lines air bags and pumps ( mostly on Deere's)  and those things are alot more expensive than you think Its sure  pain in the arse when you can't even get it to raise any during the heat of busy season then you start looking like your a dwarf sitting in the seat 

Look like all the “cool” truck drivers! Just have to extend all the shifters and levers so they are above your head. 🤣

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, midnightman said:

Look like all the “cool” truck drivers! Just have to extend all the shifters and levers so they are above your head. 🤣

Never understood why someone would want to sit in a hole with your knees touching your chin.

10 hours ago, Jacka said:

Never understood why someone would want to sit in a hole with your knees touching your chin.

When the seat is air ride, the cab is air ride,  and the suspension is air ride, alot of rocking and bouncing get going.

I drove truck for years and as long as the cab had air ride I preferred the seat be on the floor, made it like riding in a car. After all, no sain person would drive their car or pickup with the seat bouncing up and down why is at ok in a semi? Nothing more annoying than every bump in the road making your legs and knees flex up and down.  Put that seat on the floor, stretch out and ride with the seat, pedals, and wheel one solid piece like a pickup. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

When the seat is air ride, the cab is air ride,  and the suspension is air ride, alot of rocking and bouncing get going.

I drove truck for years and as long as the cab had air ride I preferred the seat be on the floor, made it like riding in a car. After all, no sain person would drive their car or pickup with the seat bouncing up and down why is at ok in a semi? Nothing more annoying than every bump in the road making your legs and knees flex up and down.  Put that seat on the floor, stretch out and ride with the seat, pedals, and wheel one solid piece like a pickup. 

Just giving you a hard time. Good friends with lots of drivers who have told me that’s the reason behind it.

3 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

X2!!!

• Like 1