3588 engine

jass1660

That SRC tag would be enough to turn me off right there , I won't use another engine rebulit by that shoddy bunch after installing two engine from them , One that had a bad camshaft and damaged threads another leaky gaskets that looked to be over torqued So I'm done with that outfit for good

22 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

That SRC tag would be enough to turn me off right there , I won't use another engine rebulit by that shoddy bunch after installing two engine from them , One that had a bad camshaft and damaged threads another leaky gaskets that looked to be over torqued So I'm done with that outfit for good

Come on now them college trainees have to learn on something! 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Come on now them college trainees have to learn on something! 🤣🤣

Yea but I'm not wanting to be their guinea pig lol 

3 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Was just flipping thru and noticed it said 436

Wouldn't that make it a 3388? I thought the 35 & 3788 had the 466.

Mike

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Wouldn't that make it a 3388? I thought the 35 & 3788 had the 466.

Mike

Reman engine, the blocks for 414-436-466 were the same it was crank and sleeves and pistons that made the difference. As said above any block was grabbed and built to the specs ordered more than likely.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Our combine and the hydro 100 have SRC engines in them.  Been using the 1460 16 seasons now and the engine is still strong.  Maybe quality has diminished since then?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

At least SRC finally went to putting that tag on their reman engines in recent years....they used to just put a new set of #s right under the original IH engine serial # stenciled in the block. I remember one reman engine came in with 3 different sets of #s in that serial# area on the block.

Dealer put a CNH reman in 3788 in January 2020. It has dt466 part number stamped on CNH tag but still has original dt414 stamped on block. Get teased by neighbors and relatives that see that. Been holding up good so far but now warranty is done. Hope it continues giving good service. I imagine the Springfield outfit remanufactured it.