D282 water pump seal

With the trend toward rebuilt only, unsure if anyone makes these anymore.

At one time a JD 3010 gas seal and bearing overhaul kit fit many Chevrolet's.

There are a bunch of these on Ebay but all seem to be for Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, etc..

These are probably metric.

You may get lucky and find one that works as they appear to be correct.

The dimensions would be the problem.

You could check with your UTV parts counter?

Let us know if you find anything?

Caution here. I bought a brand new one from A&I last year. These have pipe thread plugs you have to put in where your hoses aren't attached. One of the holes are drilled very close to the outside of the pump on these things. (All of them)   I took a 3/8" ratchet and installed the plugs with thread sealant very carefully and it still cracked the housing. I figured this out after it was installed and started leaking. Actually I am positive it didn't crack until it went through a couple heat cycles. Guess who fronted the bill for that. Try proving to A&I that you didn't overtighten a pipe plug. Anyway pay attention here and dont over do them. Cost me $150 +/-sorry I dont know about the parts you ask of. 

2 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Caution here. I bought a brand new one from A&I last year. These have pipe thread plugs you have to put in where your hoses aren't attached. One of the holes are drilled very close to the outside of the pump on these things. (All of them)   I took a 3/8" ratchet and installed the plugs with thread sealant very carefully and it still cracked the housing. I figured this out after it was installed and started leaking. Actually I am positive it didn't crack until it went through a couple heat cycles. Guess who fronted the bill for that. Try proving to A&I that you didn't overtighten a pipe plug. Anyway pay attention here and dont over do them. Cost me $150 +/-sorry I dont know about the parts you ask of. 

Oh good, something I’ll get to watch for now!! 😩

If a new one cracked that easily, it must say "CHINA" on it?

A rebuilt may be a lot better.

The holes you are plugging are for the water heater lines that go to the LP regulator, if it runs on propane.

8 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

Oh good, something I’ll get to watch for now!! 😩

While we’re on the subject of tightening tapered fittings, don’t be a gorilla tightening the hoses on your Christmas tree valve on your M... 

4 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

If a new one cracked that easily, it must say "CHINA" on it?

A rebuilt may be a lot better.

The holes you are plugging are for the water heater lines that go to the LP regulator, if it runs on propane.

Well it came from A&I so it's a good chance. I promise this was a poor casting. 

7 hours ago, diesel digger said:

Decided to buy a new one.  Hy Cap. Thanks for the heads up on the pipe plugs!

FYI use brass plugs