Auction Result today

Sledgehammer

Local consignment today. I was at work but got an update. Don’t know what anything else brought.  Pretty clean machine overall.  

5488, original hours, western interior, test harness. $21K. 

EC71D101-78EE-42B0-BD15-8F83171F4098.jpeg

917EDB16-4CAC-452E-9054-27C8380E043D.jpeg

F89AC982-E919-45B9-933C-CACB4216F9C6.jpeg

1C80313C-F239-447F-A592-5C1BE5D33250.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nate said:

Don’t look too bad sledge,  but that has the round light axle under it.   Brought good money I think.  

You are right. I honestly just glanced and saw it wrong. Good call. Thanks 

49 minutes ago, acem said:

Nice tractor.

Is that a 1586 4 post besides it?

Yes, don’t know what it brought but it was fairly worn shall we say... There may have been a reason why it was posted so closely to the “blue room”

42E74B17-D440-4520-AD28-3D251548B4C3.jpeg

• Haha 2

What tractor is on other side, looks like newer paint?

6 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

What tractor is on other side, looks like newer paint?

Appears the Red Paint with the wide front is a 460-560 series, or the Blue 3000 with the Swept back muffler.

Jim Droscha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nope, the red one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Nope, the red one.

460-560. It didn’t have badges and I didn’t look closely. New paint and rear tires was all I took in on that one. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

was not that long ago you could buy a Magnum for that price, inflation?

Along with limited supply of new ones. Couple that with the older ones being more reliable so they're more sought after and the price shows. 

I will say 21 Grand didn't buy much of a Magnum around here. The 20 Grand ones were in pretty rough shape around here.

Bought one here last summer with some higher hrs and needed some small work done on it to bring it up to Reichow snuff that cost more than that and we dickered the price down a little because it needed some work done on it. ( been a good tractor so far so it was worth it)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

If ANYBODY ever runs across a poster on an ag related forum, that posts using the name Godfather, or, The Godfather, would you tell him that I post here?

Many thanks.  

I would also like to contact Mr. Snerdly.

5 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

Along with limited supply of new ones. Couple that with the older ones being more reliable so they're more sought after and the price shows. 

I will say 21 Grand didn't buy much of a Magnum around here. The 20 Grand ones were in pretty rough shape around here.

Bought one here last summer with some higher hrs and needed some small work done on it to bring it up to Reichow snuff that cost more than that and we dickered the price down a little because it needed some work done on it. ( been a good tractor so far so it was worth it)

I passed one up three years ago 7120 4x4 in nice shape 6700 hrs couple little things wrong For $25000 I didn't need it but wish now I had bought it 

3 hours ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

I passed one up three years ago 7120 4x4 in nice shape 6700 hrs couple little things wrong For $25000 I didn't need it but wish now I had bought it 

That's was a heck of a good deal. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gearheadmb said:

Dont hold out on us, what did the spreader trucks bring?

No clue. I had to work and did not attend the sale. 

Good straight-looking tractor.  I do kind of wonder about the hours, because the Firestones on back look pretty worn for a second set on a 3700 hour tractor.  

Not to hijack the thread but when did Firestone come out with that style of tire, anyway?  Could they be original from new?  We never had any Firestone tractor tires till the mid-90s when we got our first set of SAT bias ply and I don't think I ever saw anything but Goodyear or B F Goodrich in the 50 series advertising photos.

This was 40 minutes from me within the last week . I wouldn't be surprised if the hours are missing the 1, or 2, in front of the numbers showing. A Magnum only reads to 9,999.9 then starts at 0 again

Screenshot_20220119-221330.png

• Confused 1