Jump to content

Wild Goose Chase for Wheel Weights?


IHRedRyan
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’ve been keeping my eyes out for some rear wheel weights to fit my 300U. Took the fluid out when I repainted the rims last year and now I’m missing that extra traction. 

IH Part Number : 362 656 R1, pictured in my parts catalog and a picture I googled below. I know it’s a hard set of weights to come by , I’ve posted wanted ads on kijiji in my area, haven’t come up with anything. 

Anybody think it’s worth continuing the hunt or should I cut my losses and just try to make something else work?A59836CB-FFE5-4DCB-B335-4755440525BF.thumb.jpeg.298f050f33bed2be12a2207b99d9d3e2.jpeg9605FFAF-E3A6-4770-BA91-63AB71C23B2E.jpeg.95b91bd14255479cbbdca40ebcf64e91.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TeachersPet1066 said:

https://www.robertstractor.com/International-300-350-Utility-Rear-Wheel-Weight-362656r1_p_3551.html
 

Looks like they are out there…but probably too far away from you.

 

1 hour ago, IHRedRyan said:

I’ve been keeping my eyes out for some rear wheel weights to fit my 300U. Took the fluid out when I repainted the rims last year and now I’m missing that extra traction. 

IH Part Number : 362 656 R1, pictured in my parts catalog and a picture I googled below. I know it’s a hard set of weights to come by , I’ve posted wanted ads on kijiji in my area, haven’t come up with anything. 

Anybody think it’s worth continuing the hunt or should I cut my losses and just try to make something else work?A59836CB-FFE5-4DCB-B335-4755440525BF.thumb.jpeg.298f050f33bed2be12a2207b99d9d3e2.jpeg9605FFAF-E3A6-4770-BA91-63AB71C23B2E.jpeg.95b91bd14255479cbbdca40ebcf64e91.jpeg

Could possibly ship them through Fastenal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

are they different from the 2pc/side wheel weights? I have a bunch of those from 350U etc. The link TeachersPet showed refers to their weight working for 330U, 300U and 350U.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I under the desire for the weights, but why not use beat juice or molasses and continue keeping an eye out anyway? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, ny bill o said:

are they different from the 2pc/side wheel weights? I have a bunch of those from 350U etc. The link TeachersPet showed refers to their weight working for 330U, 300U and 350U.

I think those half weights do fit , from what I understand they are also hard to track down , I’ll keep that in mind though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I under the desire for the weights, but why not use beat juice or molasses and continue keeping an eye out anyway? 

I hadn’t considered beet juice but I’ll have to look into if any places offer that locally, thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, IHRedRyan said:

I hadn’t considered beet juice but I’ll have to look into if any places offer that locally, thanks 

The cost was pretty reasonable last I looked into it 13.6-28 were a couple hundred bucks to have loaded 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We used to have a 55 gallon barrel cut in half, filled with concrete, and mounted on the two point fast hitch. Made receiver arms for the hitch, mounted in the half barrel and filled with concrete

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...