HP matchup

zleinenbach

On a new holland 560 baker, what is an acceptable hp range for the tractor pulling it? It says 90 on their website, but on the ground testimonials around here say closer to 130-140. 
anyone have any insight?

I got a 660. I have pulled it with 85 horse  in a bind. It'll work but pulls it hard. Usually have the 1486 on it and it pulls it good. I see that's a newer one though. Thought you were asking about a 650. 

I have a NH 7090 that my 966 pulled just fine before the 1486 spoilt me 😄

Hilly and soft ground.

If you have flat ground 100 hp will handle it just fine but if you have hills and want to use the capacity of the baler I wouldn't want less than 140-150.  

My 186 used to fall flat on it's face before I put the turbo on and turned the fuel up. 1086 was a pretty nice match turned up just a little.  

1066 will be adequate. Be sure the tractor harness for the baler is connected directly to 12 volts at the batteries using clean hardware and snug connections. #1 netwrap system problem on all brands of balers is usually a poor 12v power supply. Do not under any circumstances use the convenience plug that New Holland provides. It won’t pass adequate power to support the actuators. 

I pull one of my two 560s with a 115 pto hp rated CIH. I’ve never run it out of power. The 5.9 will grunt a little at times but never runs out of power.