Farmall Super C/C Parts Compatibility

Lfdfireman

I was just curious as I am new to the Farmall SC/C tractors.  Currently on the hunt for a fast hitch for it.  I know the grills aren’t interchangeable but aren’t most of the other parts (I know there are differences)?  Appreciate any info folks!

1 hour ago, Lfdfireman said:

I was just curious as I am new to the Farmall SC/C tractors.  Currently on the hunt for a fast hitch for it.  I know the grills aren’t interchangeable but aren’t most of the other parts (I know there are differences)?  Appreciate any info folks!

Do you have a super C or plain C ? Seat support box needs to have the hole for the rockshaft for a fast hitch or it would need to be swapped out. Although I think a 230 hitch would work without changing the box. 

As noted brakes, grill, fuel tank is different at the mounting tabs I think, steering wheel is interchangeable but smaller on the one 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lfdfireman said:

I have a Super C, 1954.  This tractor had a fast hitch at one time. 

Do you have the valve yet for the hydraulic control? 

30 minutes ago, bitty said:

Do you have the valve yet for the hydraulic control? 

You want to make sure you get all the needed parts 

IMG_20220114_210359951.jpg

IMG_20220114_210355222.jpg

IMG_20220114_210330978.jpg

IMG_20220114_210324848.jpg

• Thanks 1

I do not have the valve, don’t have any components as of yet.  That is the main adventure now is finding a complete or mostly complete hitch relatively close to me.  I have found a few but the shipping is more than the price of the hitch!  Lol

17 minutes ago, Lfdfireman said:

I do not have the valve, don’t have any components as of yet.  That is the main adventure now is finding a complete or mostly complete hitch relatively close to me.  I have found a few but the shipping is more than the price of the hitch!  Lol

Where are you located? 

1 hour ago, Lfdfireman said:

I have a Super C, 1954.  This tractor had a fast hitch at one time. 

if you don't currently have the valve, be advised that you will also need the feed lines from the hydraulic pump to the valve. Those lines are different from the ones that just feed the touch control assembly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ny bill o said:

if you don't currently have the valve, be advised that you will also need the feed lines from the hydraulic pump to the valve. Those lines are different from the ones that just feed the touch control assembly. 

I forgot those

• Like 2

I have a C and a SC with Fast Hitch, bought the C with the hitch so I don’t know how it was done. 

One other part you should get is the right side rockshaft that has a hole to connect to the angle arm (see picture). You can use a standard rockshaft (my C does) but the end of the arm has been milled to fit in the slot.

19666812-4B82-4DF1-9E98-C092B534BF15.jpeg