almost another oil thread - grease gun

searcyfarms

I didn't know how bad my Lincoln was until I bought a Milwaukee. Love it. One thing about all electric grease guns. You go thru a lot of grease.

1 hour ago, arizonian said:

I'll be that guy that throws water on a party. With powered grease guns, make sure not to inject grease under your skin. It ain't purty and it could cost you. With grease, there could be three days that everything seems fine, then complications set in. A guy I barely know almost lost his hand.

Injection Injuries

I did that a year or two ago with a needle greaser. Thankfully not under high pressure but the darn thing slipped and went right into my hand. Course there’s always a little bit of grease coming out of it as I was trying to grease a bearing so I got some under my skin. Squeezed it out as much as I could till there was blood running freely. Wrapped it up with paper towel and electrical tape and went back to work.  No trauma from it thankfully. 

I now have two of the Milwaukee M18 electric guns. My son who drives a service truck  bought the first several years ago. I used his and liked it so I purchased one. He also bought the lock and lube and liked it at first. About six months ago he made a comment about that damm Milwakee greaser and its been in my shop since. I asked him about the lock and lube and he said it was more trouble than it was worth. He now has two alemite pistoll grip guns. I have a weak wrist and shoulder on one arm so I use nothing but the electric and love it. I do use more grease and have blown a seal or two. I have yet to find a long lasting tip, but maybe the lock and lube will find its way into my shop!!

If you have a lot of greasing to do, high volume or high pressure, having every grease related tool available will have its day

Just a plain ole pistol grip is hard to beat

Alemite is better than Lincoln

put a long enough whip on it so you can hold the end and have the gun in a comfortable place

the sad part is dealing with the lame zerk fitting set up in the first place and the placement of such that allows most of the grease to squirt out over greasing one side and leaving the other dry and full of junk or simply not accessible so it never gets greased no matter the type of gun you have

• Like 1

Got my 1st lincoln in late 90s, 2nd one a couple yr later. At the time don't know what else if any were available. they worked good till they just wore out probly around 8 yr ago. At that point i went with a dewalt 18 volt cause same batt as all my tools. Took it to a consignment sale last summer as it was getting tired and got a new dewalt 20 volt as i am converting tools to 20 volt as they wear out. Got a couple adapters to use 20 volt batts on 18 volt tools. Nice way to move from 18 volt to 20 volt as tool wear out.

We have a couple 20 volt Dewalts at work, they seem to work well and I haven’t heard a bunch of complaints. At home I still use my trusty lever pump gun, just can’t justify one of those spendy cordless guns for a couple months of haying season.