A sad story

m.c.farmerboy

My wife of 42 years grew up on a small farm 50 milk cows and 40 acres of potatoes sweet corn and green beans along with hay and corn silage, there were nine children in her family and her grandfather and father farmed together they lost the house and barn to fire in 1969 and rebuilt a year later she lost her brother two years her older in a P.TO. accident ten years later her older brother lost his leg in a sugar beet harvester, the leg was saved and only bothers in cold weather. Her father died after a chain broke when he was unloading a piece of equipment, he was 67. then she lost her younger sister to cancer at age 32 next her mother died of cancer at age 70 and last night we lost her 55 year old brother , he had beat covid but something went wrong, and his heart stopped several times and last night he passed from internal bleeding. I don't know how much more the old girl can take but she is strong in her faith and that keeps her going

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

Sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

My wife of 42 years grew up on a small farm 50 milk cows and 40 acres of potatoes sweet corn and green beans along with hay and corn silage, there were nine children in her family and her grandfather and father farmed together they lost the house and barn to fire in 1969 and rebuilt a year later she lost her brother two years her older in a P.TO. accident ten years later her older brother lost his leg in a sugar beet harvester, the leg was saved and only bothers in cold weather. Her father died after a chain broke when he was unloading a piece of equipment, he was 67. then she lost her younger sister to cancer at age 32 next her mother died of cancer at age 70 and last night we lost her 55 year old brother , he had beat covid but something went wrong, and his heart stopped several times and last night he passed from internal bleeding. I don't know how much more the old girl can take but she is strong in her faith and that keeps her going

That's a tough row to hoe.  Just when we think that we have it tough we do not have to look far to see others who have more to deal with.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I commend your wife for not straying from her faith during these tough times. 

I will send up prayers of strength and understanding

• Thanks 2

That is tough on all accounts, my sympathies.  They say you only get what you can handle. You and your wife must be amazing. Please keep yourselves healthy and safe, it sounds like the family needs you two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Praise goes to you also for standing beside her through all the family travails, mom and I have been together for 55 years and the happenings with her family and the happenings with my family were endured hand in hand over the years, good luck in the years ahead.

• Thanks 2

I agree as a couple you have stood stronger, we don't know why some paths are so steep but you have been along her side together, my sympathy she needs you now once again, may he grant you all peace, grace comfort and love during this time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sheesh. That’s a lot to deal with. Will keep you all in my prayers as well. Peace of mind for sure, we can tell she is already pretty tough. 

• Thanks 1

im proud of you both and the 42 yrs, you all have endured much and served strong, praise the lord for strength and faith, you are a true light for us, so sorry about all the loss and of course how do we grieve all of those things? prayers covering you all

• Thanks 1