Lost Another Tractor Pulling Legend "Simpson Performance"

Max Simpson Of "Simpson Performance" Passed away at 8:00AM this Morning.

Max & His Wife Sandy Flew to Florida to Help a Family Friend Pull His Mini-Mod tractor.

All the Friends Rented a House on the Sea Shore and Planned a fishing & Cook out Party,

Mr. Simpson Lost His Footing on the Dock Area and Landed on his Face and shoulder on Saturday Evening,  Mr. Simpson was Diagnosed with a tremendous amount of Internal bleeding at the Local Hospital, Was Helicoptered to a Large Medical facility for another opinion,  By Midnight, the Prognoses was, the fall was terminal.

Mr. Simpson Slipped away to Be with his Saviour this Past Sunday Morning,  a Group of Friends at his Bed side. Max Simpson was 82 years old From Charlotte, Michigan

Jim Droscha

Max Sinpson Older puller.jpg

• Sad 12

Thanks for posting! This is the first I've read on why he passed away! He was still out being active and doing things! That is great! Not withering away in a hospital dying of cancer, or covid or some other man made ailment! RIP to a great pioneer in the sport!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is the Legendary "Screamon' Demon II"  Owned by Jerry VanDorpe in Charlotte Mi,  A 986 purchased "New" By Jerry VanDorpe and Modified at the J.R. Fueslein International Harvester  Dealership in Charlotte Michigan,

Any Person could walk back to the Mechanics Bay and "see" this Super Stock 986 under construction.

Max Simpson Did the Engine Work, and the Plumbing on the "Turbo" System.

A Fun Picture, Great memories of Tractor Pulling in its Infancy!

Max Simpson was the service Manager for "J.R. Fueslein" Implement Dealership, among other Dealerships in the Charlotte Mi Area.

We Young Farmers went to The J.R. Dealership just to see whose tractor Max Simpson was wrenching on.  That Corner of the Building was  "Lined Off". you could Look all you wanted,...Don't Cross the Paint lines on the floor,..... "Don't Pester "Max Simpson" with Questions and Don't Touch anything!!!  Many young Fella's in our community learned valuable Information from watching Max Simpson.

I Will Miss My Friend.

Jim Droscha 

Screamin' Demon under construction.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Such a sad deal. Max will be missed far and wide but what a legacy He leaves behind. For myself and many others He went from a Hero in our Younger days to a Mentor, Teacher and most of all Friend as we got older.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2022 at 7:19 PM, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

This is the Legendary "Screamon' Demon II"  Owned by Jerry VanDorpe in Charlotte Mi,  A 986 purchased "New" By Jerry VanDorpe and Modified at the J.R. Fueslein International Harvester  Dealership in Charlotte Michigan,

Any Person could walk back to the Mechanics Bay and "see" this Super Stock 986 under construction.

Max Simpson was the service Manager for "J.R. Fueslein" Implement Dealership, among other Dealerships in the Charlotte Mi Area.

We Young Farmers went to The J.R. Dealership just to see whose tractor Max Simpson was wrenching on.  That Corner of the Building was  "Lined Off". you could Look all you wanted,...Don't Cross the Paint lines on the floor,..... "Don't Pester "Max Simpson" with Questions and Don't Touch anything!!!  Many young Fella's in our community learned valuable Information from watching Max Simpson.

I Will Miss My Friend.

Jim Droscha 

I thought Jerry bought the tractor from Jack Grant out of Canada.

Whatever,  Jerry will be missed in the pulling world.

RIP

I was asked to see what I had for old photos of Max and Mean ole Allis and while digging around I found a couple of Jerry as well with #1. Figured I would share a couple here. Doesn't seem like it should be that long ago. What started as a quick search for a few photos ended up being a couple hour trip down memory lane.

20220110_204608.jpg

20220110_204650.jpg

20220110_204748.jpg

20220110_204831.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tim1573 said:

I was asked to see what I had for old photos of Max and Mean ole Allis and while digging around I found a couple of Jerry as well with #1. Figured I would share a couple here. Doesn't seem like it should be that long ago. What started as a quick search for a few photos ended up being a couple hour trip down memory lane.

20220110_204608.jpg

20220110_204650.jpg

20220110_204748.jpg

20220110_204831.jpg

Excellent!!!  I haven't Located My Stash of Tractor Pull Photo's, I've spent a little time looking. Those Photo's Look Familiar, We Went to the Same Pulling Event's!!

Jerry's Tractor in your Photo's is the 686 they built,  986 was in Max Simpson's Sketch Book in his Mind!!

Thanks Again, Jim Droscha

On 1/10/2022 at 7:19 PM, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

I Will Miss My Friend.

Jim Droscha 

Thats excellent.  I have followed max and Jerry for a long time. What ever became of  J.R. Fueslein dealer???

I am from Adrian Michigan and went to school at Michigan state.  I had a buddy that lived in Charlotte. 

Thanks. 

Chris. 

We went to as many pulls as we could back then. Ionia was always a Family trip. I have pictures from places I don't remember where we where. Should have noted it on the backs but at the time I figured I wouldn't forget.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, farmallman77 said:

Thats excellent.  I have followed max and Jerry for a long time. What ever became of  J.R. Fueslein dealer???

I am from Adrian Michigan and went to school at Michigan state.  I had a buddy that lived in Charlotte. 

Thanks. 

Chris. 

J.R. Fueslein is Janson Equipment now.

• Like 1