Never ever have I

junkandcattle

On 1/7/2022 at 2:39 PM, junkandcattle said:

Today was a first for me. At 61 years old I turned in my first resume ever. Also it was the first one I have had to create but it is time to end my unemployed status. Didn't sleep well even thinking about the process. I have always been a long term employee wherever I landed and just walked into my next position when the old one dried up. Just a local fixture I guess.

Work history sounded just like that HISTORY. Lord knows I have been in this game a long time but when you are forced to recall events from 44 years ago and write it down, it just puts it in a different light.

Hoping it will land an interview as I feel that way I stand a chance. If it works out I will at least be back in the farm equipment game.

Wish me luck.

No it is not green

yes sir, wish you the best and hope its a good place for you to be - sorry about what you had to go through recently and all the unknowns I have no doubt you will land something good 

• 2 months later...

Today went something like this.

Me: Would you have time to visit today?

Reply: Yes make it 2:00

Me: Looks really busy around here are you looking for help

Reply: Been trying for a while to find someone, didn't know you were looking. How much do you need and when can you start.

Me: See you Thursday Thanks 😀😀

So much for resumes, applications and testing

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, junkandcattle said:

Glad you found it. Hopefully it works out for the best for both of you.

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 11:01 AM, 460 said:

Good luck but this day and age you don't need to go back your entire work history.  You can just cover the relivent work history 10-15 years.  This does two things it does not date yourself and it shows consistent employment in the most recent years.  In the interview you can expand further as necessary.  Just my opinion as a engineering manager.

Scott

Or go into detail on the recent part and just outline the early part that got you to the start of what you've detailed

20 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Good for you. It’s rarely that easy but you take what you can get 👍🏼👍🏼

Guess I finally knocked on the right door. Heavy truck parts is a new world to me but it should be fine.

• Like 1

If you have military service put that down, I’ve been well satisfied with everyone we have hired who has been in an armed forces branch.  Seem to be more willing to listen and also seem to be able to count on them to show up or when things get rough and demanding.  

8 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

Guess I finally knocked on the right door. Heavy truck parts is a new world to me but it should be fine.

My sister worked for a truck parts distributor for 35 years. She knew lots of part numbers off the top of her head. Lots of fleet customers would ask for her by name when they called to be sure they got the right part.

Congratulations and best of luck in the new position!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

Today went something like this.

Me: Would you have time to visit today?

Reply: Yes make it 2:00

Me: Looks really busy around here are you looking for help

Reply: Been trying for a while to find someone, didn't know you were looking. How much do you need and when can you start.

The world is run by those who show up.

Good luck on your new endeavor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, just Dave said:

Congratulations,  I imagine that is quite a load off your mind and your savings

Yep it is. I forgot to see if would reimburse for travel for the 2 1/2 mile trip to work 😀 

93 K3500 likes her gas

• Haha 3

Best of luck with your resume, as I call it, your score card. I sure am glad I 'm not "having" to search for jobs these days. I seriously doubt if I could stand the BS you have to deal with anymore. With all the woke and social justice garbage running everybody's show anymore.

I have run through a few different careers, from Commercial driver to self employed to wrench bender to offshore oil field spill cleanup. In my driving career went from asking if an outfit had any openings, driving test, hired, to resume showing 3+ million and unlimited endorsements from tankers to 11 axle heavy haul triples on a resume and not hired cause I hadn't driven in a year, they would rather have someone fresh out of driving school. 4-5 page resume and having to go through 4 different interviews, all while knowing stuff about all sorts of boats, bikes, airplanes, tanks and heavy equip mechanics. Shoulda got out of High school and been a farmer all along, but nooooooo, I hadda follow the dream. 

So in the course I've made and lost fortunes, spent all my money on Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Bikes, Boats, Booze, Tractors, and Women. The rest I just wasted. And here I am again, trying my best to play at this farming thing. 

Good luck to all of you out there playing at this job required stuff. Seems it's getting harder and harder all the time. Or is just that fewer and fewer seem to want to actually work anymore. I'm dreading what this round if inflation is bringing. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

As it turns out the truck world or I should say, learning it was stressful.  My employer was happy and I was dealing but not pleased with myself.

Got a call a couple of weeks ago so another new job. 

The 2.3 mile round trip is going to be a killer 😀

20220627_074323.thumb.jpg.aa9348d0c97a40a9d2f1d62f7e035775.jpg

• Like 1

Well with inflation you had to chisel off that .2 miles, isn't it belt tightening that they keep preaching, still puts you awful close to old employer 

Sorry the other position didn't work out.

It's all learning.

Hope this is a better fit!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Sorry the other position didn't work out.

It's all learning.

Hope this is a better fit!

Me too. I have a certain affection for NH hay tools.  A 20 year old semi could be built from anything a baler not so much 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, 1586 Jeff said:

Now that is lousy fuel economy Jeff!!!

Other Jeff

That’s from stopping to let all the pretty girls cross the street… it’s called being a gentleman…

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:24 PM, acem said:

The local poultry kill plants pay a $200 a week bonus if you show up to work every day on time and work the complete shift!

What a blast sign me up!

See these poor ass birds headed to case farms every week, makes ya think hard about eating chicken.