Pegboard system

vtfireman85

I have been wanting a pegboard system for quite a while in my basement, i was going to build something but came across this stuff, I ordered from Home Depot it arrived in 3 business days, all in i am around 180 bucks with some other accessories, I bought the 3 panel kit and 2 extra panels. For more money you can get all sorts of colors, but i don’t care about that. If it works out I’ll buy more. Best  part is, made in USA. 

F81B09B3-37D1-4325-A3A9-509FFB8387B9.png

D5E14308-B4CE-4139-ABC5-92B13EA2A001.jpeg

4B888704-8467-4472-9346-69685EB981FE.jpeg

C3768B3C-214D-4B76-979F-8FDD461EB2C5.png

3CE59512-7A6A-4B5E-959A-C4BF8EC4BC02.png

B717B8EE-CCF0-476B-8F58-D299BD1BD076.png

1 minute ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Why cover up your address?  Sid and I already know where you live!!!

Seriously, those look awesome!!!

Not concerned about fellow RedPower members, they all know they are welcome anytime. Its other internet snooping that troubles me. Someone pointed out once all the “bots” that are monitoring this and other sites. 

14 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Did it come with fuzzy slippers and turtleneck sweater?

Negative, but i will be wearing those by the time i find my XYZ if i don’t do something. 

4 minutes ago, red2thebone sr said:

Did you have the required team to lift the oversized/overweight carton?  It looks good. 

Just me, the Mrs is a good sport but wasn’t up to the lifting just now. 

Hmmmm a coffee mug shelf.....never seen one of those..... good for you. I’m not a peg board guy but those look nice if that’s what you want. 👍🏼👍🏼

I like ocd organization..ive been looking too for peg board kits and bin systems. All my frequently used tools hang on nails pounded into the old logs the shop is made of..

When i rebuild it will be out of 8x8 square cut log and dove tailed. Hanging things will be much more uniform and organized.

metal interesting.....what the connections and wall superstructure like?

chip peg board use to come in 4 x 8 -10      50 yrs ago but didnt like humidity or #3lb local or #120 overall

lozier use to have a slightly tougher type for their retail line 3-5 x 5-10.......(have cs of various commercial hooks claws etc)

when I worked in factory we printed 2 x 3 /-4 x 5 for napa/auto displays,and we had photo/light paint which made the positive of what went where  so you knew what was sold out by # and silhouette.

again these were indoor heated/dry only

6 hours ago, mmi said:

metal interesting.....what the connections and wall superstructure like?

These will be mounted on concrete wall, quick and dirty. 

8 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Hmmmm a coffee mug shelf.....never seen one of those..... good for you. I’m not a peg board guy but those look nice if that’s what you want. 👍🏼👍🏼

I know, the pictures are ridiculous. We have it at tue ski area in the shop, it is wicked handy, not for everything but for the basement i think it’ll help tidy things up significantly… and quickly 

9 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Just me, the Mrs is a good sport but wasn’t up to the lifting just now. 

Your still in the dog house for not consulting the "list" before making your online order aren't you? 😄

12 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Why cover up your address?  Sid and I already know where you live!!!

Seriously, those look awesome!!!

But do they include a “thong” holder?  That way those don’t get lost again 😊

I like it. It is nicer than my dyi pegboard. First thing I put on mine was one set of each metric and standard combination wrenches.  At a glance I can see if I put things away.

If a wrench drawer is shut I probably missed putting at least two away. Not as anal as I should be.😀 The next day I ask myself with did I do with those or what were the boys working on when they were home last month.

It is also nice for the odd seldom used items such as a window crank tool that is always hard to find after 6 months of not needing it. I can the wall a lot faster than I can root through the odds and ends drawers

I have some old fashioned pegboard hanging in my shop for odd ball stuff that doesn't get used very often.  I like the looks of this, looks much nicer.  Also if you use their hangers that fit in the slots do they stay in tighter?  That's my complaint about peg boards is the the hook often comes out when I grab the tool hanging on it.

25 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

TOOOOOODDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

I happen to KNOW what that led to!!!!

To truly be as universal as advertised, the peg board really does need to cover all options. If they can do a coffee mug shelf, I have every confidence in their ability to comply with a storage system suitable for kitchen tongs, flip flops, or undergarments.  Whatever “thong” means to you 😁

6 hours ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

Looks cool never seen steel peg board was it made in CHINA?

It sez made in USA 

speaking of, i need to call you, you feeling better and back to your old tricks? 

I got looking for something in the pantry, which is large, we also store the vacuum cleaners, broom, mop etc. I think i will put a section in there . Sadly i had about 4 boxes of hangers for the stuff and I gave them away before I decided I wanted any. 

11 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

It sez made in USA 

speaking of, i need to call you, you feeling better and back to your old tricks? 

When ever you have time,  I have them parts if you still need them

28 minutes ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

When ever you have time,  I have them parts if you still need them

Still need, haven't found time to figure our fittings, really wished wed had it set up this last month or so

Do the hooks stay in or do they fall out like they do on my pegboard?

Archived