IH 424 Brakes

M-MAN

Does anyone know what size the actuator balls are for a 424? The right side is in need of attention and I figure I should replace the balls along with the disks. Messics doesn't have a set but I can get them at McMaster if I know the size. 

Never replaced the roller balls either, just cleaned balls and ramps.
Re replacing the disks, I just inspected the old disks for wear and glaze, if they weren't almost down to the rivets, I would just de-glaze them with a wire wheel.
If you replace the disks, they maybe be slightly larger diameter and ride up on the outer edge of the worn part of the brake drum and the diff housing.
A neighbor had that happen and we ended up grinding a bit off the outer edge of the new disks so they would fit in the old braking surfaces.

See this link: International Harvester Bradford Built Tractor Brakes (anglo-agriparts.com)

Thanks for the link. 

My thoughts were that any pits or deformity wouldn't let the balls roll easily and increase wear on the actuator. Might be overthinking it but on Massey's it seems to be an issue. 

5 hours ago, M-MAN said:

Thanks for the link. 

My thoughts were that any pits or deformity wouldn't let the balls roll easily and increase wear on the actuator. Might be overthinking it but on Massey's it seems to be an issue. 

if they have obvious damage then change , look at caseih online as the bean counters and need to make a job but cant do real work  spent 2 years changing it all around and listing fiat # by supplier,and some metric specs, if it was updated and PUT back for public use, that # would look like..? roughly 210- 102,  as hardware