ihi 633 d 179

hei

hei gjorde somvone her nå, jeg må bytte hodebolter, må fjerne hodet på denne Tracktor, det er noe galt med innløpsventilen til sylinder en, har vært vanskelig å starte i kald temperatur, må gløde mange ganger, så jeg ta en lekkasjetest med verktøyet jeg har laget selv, ta av alle dyser og ventildeksel og se ventilene var stengt på sylinderen jeg går for å teste, Monter testverktøyet som jeg bolter på og legger lufttrykk og får inn trykklyd innløpsmanifolden til sylinder nummer 1

Some Breaking news about this work , i take a new test of the leak of the enginge this time i remove the inletmanifolde , fulel pipe lines , vavlecover, the valve lift shaft , the Nozzles ,  fit my tool i made it fore this test , and presure test , put on compressed air fore test the test leage fore valves , and bank shaft on the top of the valve wile i hade presure, its no leak of cylinder 1 , but when i go to cylinder 2 and get some leak over to cylinder 3 and bank shaft of same way like the first cylinder  , so the diagnoses here its then leakage on the top gasket betwin cylinder two and tree.

the head must be removed at enyway ,i go too repement the headbolt  and bay a kit of head gaskets ,fore do a complit job , clean up the head to

Edited by Ihi driver
more infomation

Don't know you are located but but have run a D179 for many years now. It does not like to start at less than about 40F unless the battery his able to spin over the engine. I am in Texas USA and it is very rare to get cold weather for more than a few days. I have never used any starting fluids or manifold heaters on the D179. 

hi

im Liv in Norway its much difrent of temprature here than in Texas and weather too

her i get som informatio i not need to now from you, and no asking fore what of how long you have drive this Tractor 

my 633 have to types of glowingsystem orginal have then only heatinig of air only, i make it i a system fore heathing of dielsel too , and the orginale battry of this Tractors its of 88 Ah, i change too 105 Ah, never problem with the battery to spinn the Engine wifh cold temprtures ever 

Ihi driver,

Getting information that you did not ask for is the nature of online forums. Do not complain. Smile, thank the person for relating their experience, and move on.

Part of the issue here is the language barrier. It is very difficult to understand your English. We are having a difficult time understanding what your question is.

It may be easier to write your post in your native language, use Google Translate, then post the English here.

I am reading the OP as he will or did remove the head to check further,issues ,"intake valve"

and as is "recent" common with china and euro crap of single use, near every part

give the full skinny on 179 head bolts,replacement/ reinstall

other issues  ? may be relevant after the original answer

D179 should start  -5C unassisted if the battery and starter are good.  

Sounds like head needs to come off and see what is is happening with the valve. Not going to start well on 2 cyl in the cold. 

4 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Ihi driver,

Getting information that you did not ask for is the nature of online forums. Do not complain. Smile, thank the person for relating their experience, and move on.

Part of the issue here is the language barrier. It is very difficult to understand your English. We are having a difficult time understanding what your question is.

It may be easier to write your post in your native language, use Google Translate, then post the English here.

i do change to english, and use a another translate than google Translate, its make it a mixed words of bad english and bad Norwegian

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Får den luft inn i drivstoffsystemet?

Har du skiftet drivstoffilter og sjekket for god drivstoffflyt?

yes i doing service of filters when there they are , fuel, oil, hudrulick , and the sound of the engine of cold , than warm ,tell me there its something wrong with the valve 

I've only had the head off 1 german IH diesel and I reused the head bolts and it has held up to date. (12 years or more ). 🙏🙏 I guess it's whatever you are comfortable with and it would also depend on the condition of the bolts. Maybe before tearing it down make sure the valve settings are correct when you are doing you compression test. A tappett could be just out of adjustment.

Hi all the manuals can be download from here: 
https://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/topic/121219-d239-674-engine-manual-pdf/

My brother has an IH 454 and  CIH 495 with D-179 engines and they start with a good battery down to about -10C.
The newer Neuss Diesel engines with the higher compression pistons will start below -20C, my brother has a CIH 3230 with D-206 Neuss Diesel with loader that he uses everyday and it will start below -20C but he has a re-circulating block heater and he usually plug it in for 30 minutes if it is in the -20C range, easier on the engine.

48 minutes ago, rjpont said:

Jeg har bare hatt hodet av 1 tysk IH-diesel og jeg gjenbrukte hodeboltene og det har holdt seg oppdatert. (12 år eller mer). 🙏 🙏 Jeg antar at det er hva du er komfortabel med, og det vil også avhenge av tilstanden til boltene. Kanskje før du river den ned, sørg for at ventilinnstillingene er riktige når du gjør kompresjonstesten. En tappett kan bare være ute av justering.

yes the valvecleranse its check of varm engine 0.30 fore both inlet like outletvalve and they moving all of them and the sound and running tell me there its some wrong , i have orders one usb camera to check the valve , i go too remove the inletmaifolde and the valvecover and let the valve go too full open , so i now what go to orders of parts , i now i need i new head gasket or haeadgasket kit with all the gasket fore the head and  valveselas 

there its bolt fore this engine, some have nuts , so i go fore use them agin like you say , if not i get another information sometimes

19 hours ago, 495man said:

D179 bør starte -5C uten hjelp hvis batteri og starter er bra.  

Høres ut som hodet må av og se hva som skjer med ventilen. Kommer ikke til å starte bra på 2 cyl i kulda. 

ita was - 8 too day here of my homeplase, and after tree times of glowing runn the eninge and start, there noe trouble too start when the eningine its been litle warm

I've only ran a 633 once back about 1980. Does the injection  pump have a starting position to advance the fuel. The 54 ,74 and 84 series tractors use this setup , but the Case IH 85 series do not. When that advance is set correctly it makes a huge difference on starting.

All the Bosch VA pumps had a Cold Start position on the Stop/Run lever. On the later IH/CIH 85 and newer tractors the newer design Bosch VE pump was used and the VE pump has an automatic Cold Start built into the pump.

This 633 from 1977 have Bosch pumpe. And i lift   litle  on the handgas fore the coldstart , the injektorer its overall og new needle and the prestere Are adjusted Litle  of opening  og from 225 bar too 205 bar because the pumpe  can't  made this same presure over long time 

With reference to photo below of a Bosch VA pump:
Thing Green Line is the STOP/START/RUN lever in the RUN position
Blue line is the STOP/START/RUN lever in the COLD START position when the lever just touches the end of the plunger.
Red line is the STOP/START/RUN lever in the STOP position when the plunger is depressed into the barrel.

771621805_STOP-ColdStart-RUNBoschPump.JPG.d6ca9768f4f1e5f081885d361b2c8039.JPG

• Like 1

Hi, is it the Bosch VE pump like below?
This is not a good photo of pump as I was focusing on the re-circulating block heater.
This is my brothers CIH 495 with a D-179 with a Bosch VE pump that has the built in Cold Start function, in cold weather push in the STOP/RUN knob to RUN position, open throttle about 1/4 and heat the manifold heater for about 30 seconds then engage the starter.
The throttle is on top and the Stop/Run cable on the side.

494_Coolant_Heater.thumb.jpg.3c5b7660eb7ce92d9d46838187ee2ddd.jpg

It is a Bosch VA, then COLD START position is the lower lever just touching the end of the plunger like the Blue line in my first photo.

• Like 1