tf3688

Our Farming community has 2 3688"s, I was told recently Both farmers installed Turbo's within a couple of years of ownership,  One 3688 is paired up with a 5288 in the field, the other farmer has it Paired with a 1566,  It wasn't till a Few years ago that I Realized that 3688 was Manufactured as a Naturally aspirated Tractor,

I've Been around both of those 3688's,..Dualled 18.4-42's, Muffler eliminators, Could be Mistaken for 1486's watching these tractors Rolling in the Field's with large tillage equipment. 

I'm sure both 3688's have 10,000 hours each, No Major Mechanical issues have been needed for the Tractors,

Are the 3688's the best kept secret?  At auction sales 10 years ago, the 3688 was purchased for $8500. Dollars, A Great Investment.

Jim Droscha

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Only one remote lever in cab? Ours has two and two cast remote blocks on the back. It does have a single outlet on left side all by itself i don't know exactly what its purpose is. Ours too was converted to gear pump before we purchased it. Kinda too bad but it works for what we use it for this way too. 

Yes I have found out today one remote has to be removed for the conversion kit. Ours has 2 levers inside as well. Iam trying to find out if I can add more remotes to it. I plan to call case tomorrow and try to figure this out. 

2 hours ago, Wisconsin Ron said:

Only one remote lever in cab? Ours has two and two cast remote blocks on the back. It does have a single outlet on left side all by itself i don't know exactly what its purpose is. Ours too was converted to gear pump before we purchased it. Kinda too bad but it works for what we use it for this way too. 

The single outlet is a return to case for hydraulic motors.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tf3688 said:

Yes I have found out today one remote has to be removed for the conversion kit. Ours has 2 levers inside as well. Iam trying to find out if I can add more remotes to it. I plan to call case tomorrow and try to figure this out. 

Must be a different kind of conversion if you have to lose a remote because of it.

11 hours ago, tf3688 said:

Unfortunately I doubt anyone at the CaseIH (because some still get upset if you call them just "Case") will have a clue. That tractor last rolled off the line in 1985 and even the young mechanics at that time are retired now. I officially call B.S. on the "had to remove one remote" story.

Look under the right hand side of the cab behind the battery box. That is where the remote valves physically live on these tractors.

You may just be missing the lines and connections at the back of the tractor. They can get mangled up sometimes when implements come unhooked. If you bought this from a tractor jockey they may have removed the lines and capped off the ports rather than replace them, hoping someone wouldn't notice. Not a big deal if you're not stuck on originality, just need some hoses the right length with ORB elbows on one end and NPT straight on the other, and a couple sets of generic breakaway couplers from Tractor Supply.

• Like 1