for a friend/neighbor

searcyfarms

so i have been holding out on you guys

former neighbor - 50y/o - great health, not overweight or any underlying health conditions - faithful exercise - 5 kids - homeschoolers - christian brother - on the subdivision road board with me - blah blah blah moved back to town 2 yrs ago with kids to be closer to school and his wife going to nursing school since kids are older - 15 to 23

he has been bad sick with covid - started out like me - same NP same meds treating him and his wife and kids - no vax for him - everyones fine but him

he went downhill quickly like my wife and i - he has been in hosp for 3 wks now, on ventilator for 2wks now, coded 2 nights ago they got his heart started back up - please pray they can get him moved to a different hospital, they are not doing all they can for him and he other dr/christian bros/sisters that go to church with them are trying to get him to KU Med Ctr - they dont have a lot of the extra capabilities at the hospital they are in - they didnt want to go there but KU was full up when they took him by ambulance. 

his wife is providing updates daily for us for prayers - i talked to bill and his wife the night before they took him to the hospital by ambulance because he was already on hi flo oxygen - he is kept sedated but seems to understand when his wife prays with him - she was finally allowed to see him after 3wks when he coded UGH!!!! pray they can get him to a place who can do a tracheotomy and something called ECMO treatment. 

i will save you the drama on what they have been thru with the hospital they are in lets just say i wouldnt take my pet there before a vets office. 

thanks in advance everyone 

robert

• Sad 6

Will do

• Like 1

prayers sent

but that is the sad state of gestapo medicine today,here as in flordia the pharmacies/govt (even though it is on the shelf and has been for decades )will not sell the none mainstream treatments the ROW uses, they are $100 vs $10K +

thanks all, it will be difficult to txport is the biggest issue but I think they are planning to do it with him on his stomach and a mobile vent of some sort - if anyone can do it KU will find a way - i hope to hear more from his wife tomorrow and how things went today rounding troops but with it being new years it might be monday before anything is really going to happen if it does 

• Like 1

Damn tough situation Robert.

Thank you for bringing him to our attention.

Hope we can help.

Prayers for strength and the ability to get where he can be treated in the best possible way

9 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

if anyone can do it KU will find a way

Our youngest daughter spent a month there back in '85 with a rare infection in her back.  Everything turned out great.

It was first class.