New shed

DT Fan

Things are coming along nicely, they may be done today. West doors were done when I got there and they were working on the East ones. Was pretty breezy but decreasing, foreman thought they would be able to hang them this afternoon. They are all steel, I like that.

Had to take a quick run over to the 'yard' to visit Aaron and crew. That belt that jumped off yesterday I got back on the drive pulley but couldn't figure out the tension-er. Looked at one machine, a true 'Duh' moment! Pulley goes on top not bottom. Got the machine going, belt stayed on and moved it over in the N.E. corner. Hoping to move some more things in tomorrow.

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

• Like 10

11 hours ago, m.c.farmerboy said:

that's hard to chew on, I have 350 acers, house with garage 30x60 shop 30x60 shed and a 40x50 barn and my taxes total are $2300 a year

just the rural house, lot and 40-60 shed are rural taxed at "appraised"

$150K   = $4200 yr after SS ,home and other rebates =+ 15%

our mil rate and $V are higher  than  1 mile out (next county)

which is suppose to be the lowest in the region, they use 25% "appraisal" x less mils but in the math charged, same would be $5K ,with the OP being "commercial"  $30K +

the city is <30% tax and purchase, if you have 28 hr security

• Sad 1

On 1/10/2022 at 2:11 PM, iowaboy1965 said:

Looks good Mike.  I was seriously thinking about going with them for my shop( if I ever get to build one). I like their insulation. Only thing I wasn't too crazy about was burying a multi board pole in the ground. I the looks of Morton's cement pier that puts the wood pole above ground. Don't like the idea of that multi layer 2x6 pole rotting off in 20 or 30 years.....tho by then I might not be around or be too old to care...

Underground PT should be just fine, it is above ground it seems to suffer the worst

The doors are on, not sure what's going on? Builders were not there while I was.

At any rate, time to start filling this thing up! Go to get the prime-mover (WD-45 narrow front with p/s) out, battery dead. Charge battery, pick up nails in mean time. Get it going, hook onto corn planter, flat tire! Can't seem to win. Blow up tire, at least it took air. Finally got it in the shed. Grain head was next, would have been nice to have some help but such is life. Then the 7' Allis disc and sickle mower, then drove the ten in.

Bet there could be some jealousy of all this high-dollar equipment!

Feels good to have some stuff back indoors, well kind of.

IMG_1270.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

• Like 8

2 hours ago, hardtail said:

Ah the fond memories of a new empty shed, enjoy while it lasts😊

I really would like to have put the goose-neck trailer in yesterday but wasn't sure if it would clear the door stops in the middle. Was running short on time so just let it set. Guess I grabbed the low-hanging fruit yesterday.

7 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

Should be high enough for anything I'll ever park in there!

Just jinxed yourself!! 😆

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 2:27 PM, DT Fan said:

The doors are on, not sure what's going on? Builders were not there while I was.

At any rate, time to start filling this thing up! Go to get the prime-mover (WD-45 narrow front with p/s) out, battery dead. Charge battery, pick up nails in mean time. Get it going, hook onto corn planter, flat tire! Can't seem to win. Blow up tire, at least it took air. Finally got it in the shed. Grain head was next, would have been nice to have some help but such is life. Then the 7' Allis disc and sickle mower, then drove the ten in.

Bet there could be some jealousy of all this high-dollar equipment!

Feels good to have some stuff back indoors, well kind of.

IMG_1270.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

lookin good, fill it up

2 hours ago, TeachersPet1066 said:

Will you have electricity in the building?

Ours does not but I put up a few lights and hooked them to the generator and sure makes it nice coming in at night.

16B67867-5383-4E4E-8CFA-75B60C8498B7.jpeg

There will be electricity at some point. Just a few lights and enough plugins to run a battery charger. 

Working on buying a new tool box......getting the 72" with the big 56" top box.......and.......it will be too small too!  

Our hobbies/occupations/collections seem to expand to fill 1.5x available space!

DT that 10 is knee deep in Firestones!    Our 14 could sure use that upgrade.....  sharp looking old horse!

• Thanks 1

I didn't get a pic but they got the doors shut Thursday. Was at the farm today moving snow, was nice to see. Really wish Mom could have seen this thing in the finished state.

• Like 4

On 12/28/2021 at 8:38 AM, DT Fan said:

It's not done but they are making progress! North wall tin is up, they're working on the West door now. Crappy weather coming in tomorrow so I asked them if the combine would be in their way, they said no. So it has a roof over it for the first time in about 16 months.

fullsizeoutput_1d3.jpeg

Why don't you use steel.

21 hours ago, DT Fan said:

???

Yes all steel, in Australia we use all steel in building sheds, bigger spans, quicker and less work and materials. Last time I worked with timber framing was 38 years ago, never again.