Jump to content

Have you ever felt like..?


vtfireman85

Recommended Posts

A tube of toothpaste that was empty last week but someone managed to get just one more brushing out of.. day..after day.. after day… after…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

About every day, then every night, before I go to bed, I look out my window at what I'm working towards, my farm, look at my family laying asleep in their beds, and realize I'm still full on the inside. 

 

I know what you are saying, sometimes, a guy needs a break.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All through my 30's. It gets better with age when you can look back and measure your accomplishments after the storm has passed and you can catch your breath. Our fathers and grandfathers went through and felt the same. It's the measure of a man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KWRB said:

'Tis the season, to take stock of blessings, and to recharge.

I hope you get a decent chunk of time off!

Thought you might recommend some Metallica 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Thought you might recommend some Metallica 

Oh no   Lance..... "'metalica '' at Xmas eve......I've no idea who they are,,,but already I am getting bad vibes....

...do they make concrete    mixers   ???  ...sort of garbage that grinds a man down...??

...if so KWRB   would be recharging allright.......like a  mani   ..never mind....

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Life's problems come two ways....ones you can change .......so do it........and ones you can't .  Don't sweat those. Sing a little when your working through the tough stuff, it really works.  Merry Christmas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, its a culmination of everything, work, life right now, etc, really I have nothing to complain about and know it. Just feels like i am spreading myself thinner and thinner but not really making any progress. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, hardtail said:

Thought you might recommend some Metallica 

But of course. That is catharsis, pure. Nothing draws the aggression out and away like aggressive music!!

Get in the car, Jack it up to 11, rip the knob off. You'll feel better in 20 minutes, ready to take anything on with a smile

tumblr_e24abbc87e4007983accd80861a16181_66a6850f_500.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, KWRB said:

But of course. That is catharsis, pure. Nothing draws the aggression out and away like aggressive music!!

Get in the car, Jack it up to 11, rip the knob off. You'll feel better in 20 minutes, ready to take anything on with a smile

tumblr_e24abbc87e4007983accd80861a16181_66a6850f_500.gif

gasp.......my worst fears  are realised.......there must be an invisible wall there....somewhere  ???..or is this just another example of the ( r )evolution  of man kind...??

....sometimes it is great to live in a cultural backwater......do their  heads ever fall off ...???

....frankly.....I couldn't care less if they did...

...so much for another  wondrous  chapter of KWRB's    sordid  path along the journey  of life.....

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the spring of 2016 i found out my kids were not coming back to farm and the only one was my 16 year old grandson. Well he thought he wanted to farm with me and after 2 weeks he wanted to go back home (175 miles) Then i hired a neighbor boy to help me and he was fair but more into his phone than working and even ran the tractor in the mud one day when i told him to not go that far. A few weeks i got most of my wheat on one farm hailed out and also the milo and the alfalfa beat to nothing, The neighbor boy wanted to quit and go to work in town. Here i sat and said to myself i have to pay someone to even put air in a tire here. It is not worth it. That fall i sold one farm turned a rented farm back and leased the place i live out. I have never had one bad feeling about what i did. Kids are upset with me but if they wanted to farm they needed to come help and work in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Thanks, its a culmination of everything, work, life right now, etc, really I have nothing to complain about and know it. Just feels like i am spreading myself thinner and thinner but not really making any progress. 

I know the feeling. 2 days before my mom's funeral early this month we had a fire in the basement of our house. Really ready for this year to be over with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hagan said:

In the spring of 2016 i found out my kids were not coming back to farm and the only one was my 16 year old grandson. Well he thought he wanted to farm with me and after 2 weeks he wanted to go back home (175 miles) Then i hired a neighbor boy to help me and he was fair but more into his phone than working and even ran the tractor in the mud one day when i told him to not go that far. A few weeks i got most of my wheat on one farm hailed out and also the milo and the alfalfa beat to nothing, The neighbor boy wanted to quit and go to work in town. Here i sat and said to myself i have to pay someone to even put air in a tire here. It is not worth it. That fall i sold one farm turned a rented farm back and leased the place i live out. I have never had one bad feeling about what i did. Kids are upset with me but if they wanted to farm they needed to come help and work in

Good story, great insight and  good for you, merry christmas and enjoy your new year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

I know the feeling. 2 days before my mom's funeral early this month we had a fire in the basement of our house. Really ready for this year to be over with. 

Damn, how bad? Much smoke damage? The killer is the smoke gets into EVERYTHING, merry Christmas and lets hope for a good new year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, red2thebone sr said:

Just got to keep telling yourself “It could always be worse”. And you know what, it may in fact get worse. But it’s still a whole lot better than what it could be!

Damn straight, remember the old adage, life is a biitch and then you die, maybe, but above ground is a helll of a lot better than the alternative, I've talked with people who contemplated the other side, I said look at it this way, you feel that way now but tomorrow will be better and if not the next day will be etc. If you do anything you will never know, ever.

Merry Christmas and hope for a better new year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mike newman said:

gasp.......my worst fears  are realised.......there must be an invisible wall there....somewhere  ???..or is this just another example of the ( r )evolution  of man kind...??

....sometimes it is great to live in a cultural backwater......do their  heads ever fall off ...???

....frankly.....I couldn't care less if they did...

...so much for another  wondrous  chapter of KWRB's    sordid  path along the journey  of life.....

Mike

Merry Christmas mike, nice turkey feast for an auld turkey, lets hope for a better new year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Thanks, its a culmination of everything, work, life right now, etc, really I have nothing to complain about and know it. Just feels like i am spreading myself thinner and thinner but not really making any progress. 

We do spread ourselves thin don't we, but ya sure feel good when you sit back and look at things after you are done, merry Christmas vt and lets all hope for a better less bullshiit new year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, red2thebone sr said:

Just got to keep telling yourself “It could always be worse”. And you know what, it may in fact get worse. But it’s still a whole lot better than what it could be!

Yea Seth- you could be a plumber!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

Yea Seth- you could be a plumber!!!!!

Oh, the luxury! All I would need is a coffee cup and a pex crimper and a bad attitude! They have it all, money, women, fame! Next best thing to being a rock star!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Oh, the luxury! All I would need is a coffee cup and a pex crimper and a bad attitude! They have it all, money, women, fame! Next best thing to being a rock star!

Those are the hvac guys lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

Those are the hvac guys lol

You take a few plumbers and a few tin knockers and you put them in a bag, shake it up and dump it out, you cant tell who was who. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...