First gun

IHhogfarmer

10 hours ago, international560 said:

I have the same gun (only not stainless) and it was my first gun as well. I've had it for coming up on 29 years (I got it for Christmas when I was 9) and the only time it will let you down is when you are shooting the crap ammo. I've had really good luck with the CCI Mini-mags in mine.

Always good to hear from someone that has had theirs for many years and their memories of it. I know I will have mine for a long time!

3 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Always good to hear from someone that has had theirs for many years and their memories of it. I know I will have mine for a long time!

My buddy had one that was well used when he bought it 20 years ago. He packed it all over. The stock got cracked so we sawed the butt stock off and made it a pistol grip. It’s not pretty but functions just fine. 

34 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

My buddy had one that was well used when he bought it 20 years ago. He packed it all over. The stock got cracked so we sawed the butt stock off and made it a pistol grip. It’s not pretty but functions just fine. 

This one won’t be going to many places since I don’t hunt. I don’t think I had said it in this thread but this one of mine has never had a shot fired from it. But looking forward to shooting a few cans in the pasture. 

Grandpa even had the box saved (typical as he saves a lot of stuff lol). It was purchased here in town on November 10th, 2007. 
D357314D-4BF4-4F64-A720-75991352027A.thumb.jpeg.419884296ea5dda8b0e5de1afa2541c5.jpeg

4 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

This one won’t be going to many places since I don’t hunt. I don’t think I had said it in this thread but this one of mine has never had a shot fired from it. But looking forward to shooting a few cans in the pasture. 

You don’t have to hunt to have fun with shooting. Tin cans and balloons work well. Target shooting on paper can be fun. You’ve got it figured out I’d say 👍🏼👍🏼

19 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Bought my 5 y/o a red Ryder for xmas this year. I think as nice as the weather is we will be out tomorrow putting holes in cardboard. Hes not ready to be unattended but he will love it and I'll have to spend some time with him. Win win. Nice gun 

Red ryder, love em, I was almost 50 when I got my first one.

5 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Grandpa even had the box saved (typical as he saves a lot of stuff lol). It was purchased here in town on November 10th, 2007. 
D357314D-4BF4-4F64-A720-75991352027A.thumb.jpeg.419884296ea5dda8b0e5de1afa2541c5.jpeg

I have a PILE of gun boxes in the attic. Not sure what I'm ever going to do with them? Think I may have one for a model 12, might have some value?

35 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

I have a PILE of gun boxes in the attic. Not sure what I'm ever going to do with them? Think I may have one for a model 12, might have some value?

Grandpa told me that the guns are worth more with their original boxes. Do you have a gun for every box or just a bunch of boxes? They may have a little value just the box itself if you can find the right person that needs a box for the gun?

12 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

Grandpa told me that the guns are worth more with their original boxes. Do you have a gun for every box or just a bunch of boxes? They may have a little value just the box itself if you can find the right person that needs a box for the gun?

I think I have a gun for every box I have. Hard to say though. Think I may have some boxes for guns I got for my now deceased cousin. Should really check into this.

I've got my red ryder box mainly because I bought it in '90 or so, the winnie coms all are wrapped, boxed and obviously never fired, but I did put a lot of time and money for finding boxes, tools and papers for my handguns, mostly saw revos and semis, and the theory with some boxes worth as much as a gun is pretty darn close

Archived