First gun

IHhogfarmer

This is a Marlin model 60 stainless .22 that my grandpa gave me yesterday. It’s not really new as it was supposed to be a Christmas present for dad some years ago but grandpa ended up getting a different one for him. So grandpa said I could have this one someday. We now have a safe at home so I decided it was time. The gun has never been fired yet, so one of these days I may take it out. 
2914E93E-31A1-4B98-B4A6-C91FE6BB5734.thumb.jpeg.12a8826f48dd0be707c80bffe8344a89.jpeg

As for the tractors left to right is a 966, 1066 BS, 1456 Gold Demo, 1256, 756 that I got 20 years ago for a Christmas present I was nine months old it’s still original, an 806, 300U, and a 30 series 2+2 that can’t be seen. Thought you all might enjoy the picture of the new gun and tractors 😊

A beautiful gun that you can treasure for a lifetime.  Maybe grandpa or dad will shoot some targets with you?

8 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

A beautiful gun that you can treasure for a lifetime.  Maybe grandpa or dad will shoot some targets with you?

The last time I shot a gun was 6-7 years ago. Dad took me out to shoot some cans in the pasture. Grandpa used to shoot a lot but mainly just collects now. Dad and I don’t hunt but it will be fun to get out and shoot a few targets. 

The first gun of my own was a Marlin Model 60.  Thought I was king of the world.  Still have it and it’s in pretty dang good shape for its age!  Lots of miles following dogs, chasing coons in the woods on fall nights years ago!  Good memories!

There are lots and lots of those out there. Should serve you well. A buddy of mine had one when we were younger. I’d hate to think how many rounds it has had through it.   Enjoy it with your Father and Grandfather if you can. You will remember those moments forever.  

One thing I would like mention, being a semi it may be a little more prone to get dirty than a lever or bolt would, my kid has a 10/20 and more than once I've had to fieldstrip it and clean it, 22s are dirty little basturds.

Very nice! And more than being just plain a really nice gun it is very special knowing where it came from, you cannot put a price tag on that. 
if you really want to give it a go, come on up to VT, the job doesn’t pay much, but comes with room and board and ill keep you stocked with as much ammo as you can shoot, i have lots of vermin around here that need eradicated, but i am not around to do it . 

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Very nice! And more than being just plain a really nice gun it is very special knowing where it came from, you cannot put a price tag on that. 
if you really want to give it a go, come on up to VT, the job doesn’t pay much, but comes with room and board and ill keep you stocked with as much ammo as you can shoot, i have lots of vermin around here that need eradicated, but i am not around to do it . 

Leave those cute little porcupines alone!!

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I sense porcupine hunting in the invitation? 

Just now, KWRB said:

Leave those cute little porcupines alone!!

As I submitted my post I then saw yours lol

8 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

That sounds like a vacation, not a job...😊

On 12/22/2021 at 8:32 PM, Dasnake said:

Tube feed 22 with a scope, being a semi your gonna love it, I've got a few 22s and the most fun is a scoped henry lever. Enjoy.

Lever action Henry .22 is a great plinking gun.  My nephew was showing off his shooting skills one day. I grabbed the Henry from behind the seat, blew a little dust off and showed him how its done!

Henry with Skinner sights.......great plinker......been known to hit clay birds in the air with it (set low, throwing them in to the bank....safe)

2 hours ago, Mr. Plow said:

Henry with Skinner sights.......great plinker......been known to hit clay birds in the air with it (set low, throwing them in to the bank....safe)

I’ll second the Skinner sights for sure but give me a Marlin 39A or 39M over a Henry. Not hating on the Henry in any way. Just personal preference. 

2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I’ll second the Skinner sights for sure but give me a Marlin 39A or 39M over a Henry. Not hating on the Henry in any way. Just personal preference. 

This post motivated me to grab the Henry and plink a little this afternoon. I won't hate on a 39A...great guns.  Got this little Henry on a trade deal......fun little 22LR. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

This post motivated me to grab the Henry and plink a little this afternoon. I won't hate on a 39A...great guns.  Got this little Henry on a trade deal......fun little 22LR. 

The Henry are good shooters at a good price point.

I went from a 39A to a 39M and I’d say it is my favorite .22 rifle. 

I love all guns, haven't got one that annoys me, 22s I have go back the the 40s, Mossberg single shot, and a Mossberg 5rd mag, both a hoot, I do have an affinity for lever guns though, fun fun fun.

Bought my 5 y/o a red Ryder for xmas this year. I think as nice as the weather is we will be out tomorrow putting holes in cardboard. Hes not ready to be unattended but he will love it and I'll have to spend some time with him. Win win. Nice gun 

Archived