TD14A weight.

Brian Sech

Just the crawler blade probably adds 3000 lbs maybe 4 with ccu or pump and rams, fully outfitted with rops, guarding, winch they were close to tons as the model number, 142 series would have been the heaviest, boxed long track frames, hardnose etc...

10 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Just the crawler blade probably adds 3000 lbs maybe 4 with ccu or pump and rams, fully outfitted with rops, guarding, winch they were close to tons as the model number, 142 series would have been the heaviest, boxed long track frames, hardnose etc...

There’s no rops, no winch, and no extra guards on the machine from what I can see

C20D1856-F46B-4F69-9031-771007B7F9D0.png

DACFEA1E-C9E7-44B8-852A-84A32F213AB9.jpeg

B569CC12-E4ED-487C-860D-CFE59C3BDEB0.png

51 minutes ago, Brian Sech said:

How much do you think the winch weighs?

I would think that a winch full of cable would be up towards a ton.  Mine has about a half spool of cable on it that I've never used but I put 450' of 1/2" cable on my -14 and it almost filled the spool.

Vic

That's not a 141 or 142 it's a 14A around 16000 for the crawler, tracks look longer but pads are standard not wide, dozer isn't the beefiest ever made but it isn't light and bent up either I'd say just shy of 20K

Pretty straight unit in racing red 😍 

16 minutes ago, hardtail said:

That's not a 141 or 142 it's a 14A around 16000 for the crawler, tracks look longer but pads are standard not wide, dozer isn't the beefiest ever made but it isn't light and bent up either I'd say just shy of 20K

Pretty straight unit in racing red 😍 

Awesome.  Thanks for the info!!

That's up in Dalton, NY Right? Glade your interested. I kept looking at it was hoping someone would buy it so I didn't. 

• Like 1

If it runs good baby it and keep it that way. The head will not take any short cuts. Idle at least 5 minutes before shutting it off. Fifteens to 20 would be even better. If babied the head lasts forever. But the easiest to crack if you don't. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brian Sech said:

It’s in Delanson NY.  Bringing it home next week to add to the collection of antique machines around the farm 

i am sure you will be close to the 10 tons and if a semi hauls it they can tell u once they load it. just by looking at their gauges on trailer.

My td-14A had a Bucyrus blade and Pullman winch. I had estimated about 18,000 lbs on my TD-14A after I removed the blade.  I got it onto the trailer with my winch doubled with a block and tackle, and the help of a Cat D4. After pulling it 40 miles I feel like I had significantly underestimated the weight! I never did weigh it but a semi should have been used, and was used for the remaining 500+ miles home. I hope you use something big to move it. Cool machine, I hope you get it home safe!

20201108_100640.thumb.jpg.8d3c0b878e20cafcbd291952eff14030.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Binderdan said:

My td-14A had a Bucyrus blade and Pullman winch. I had estimated about 18,000 lbs on my TD-14A after I removed the blade.  I got it onto the trailer with my winch doubled with a block and tackle, and the help of a Cat D4. After pulling it 40 miles I feel like I had significantly underestimated the weight! I never did weigh it but a semi should have been used, and was used for the remaining 500+ miles home. I hope you use something big to move it. Cool machine, I hope you get it home safe!

20201108_100640.thumb.jpg.8d3c0b878e20cafcbd291952eff14030.jpg

OMG less the blade!!

flatlanders.........