Shotgun ID?

vtfireman85

A friends dad found this while cleaning out his office. Trying to figure out what it is…. Besides rusty. He says it doesn’t say anything on it. Other than what is in the pics. I have not personally seen it. 

9CA8F073-1D97-4E1C-B910-F37CCB8ED955.jpeg

6CBC3DAE-FA05-47FD-9E41-290D0DEC96C7.jpeg

A109CEEF-BDD8-48B4-8ED7-24CAE8858744.jpeg

5EBFB891-DADE-4DC4-BCB3-498E2E731542.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Red Flyer said:

Model 37 Ithica

Aren’t those bottom load and bottom eject?  

Im going to guess Stevens model 67 or a hardware store version of it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

Grandfather had one just like it......Western Field......always figured it was made by Savage

Wards? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Bigger question in my mind is how did it get in his office and he didn't know it was there?????? 🤔🤫🙂

It was an offhanded gift from a client years ago that got stuck in a closet behind a bunch of boxes, he knew it was there but kind of forgot about it. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Bigger question in my mind is how did it get in his office and he didn't know it was there?????? 🤔🤫🙂

It was an offhanded gift from a client years ago that got stuck in a closet behind a bunch of boxes, he knew it was there but kind of forgot about it. 

i have western field i bought new when i was 14 around 1960 from  wards looks like that. still have it grandson is hunting with it now.

how things have changed, i was 14 year old kid walked into store layed my $56.00 on the counter walked out with gun no paper work on permits no adult they were the good old days in some ways.

pete

• Like 4

A1687A8F-BF75-4C11-81C1-87B833DB9055.jpeg.fdcb7df4ef4f7466f94f6b047c6a0762.jpegAccording to a picture I found in an old gun traders guide I believe the shotgun to be a Stevens model 620 or a variant made by them for some other company or hardware line.  The guide says they were made from 1927 until 1953.  The shape of the receiver extension where the barrel attaches us kind of unique.  

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 4:54 AM, augercreek said:

Looks just like my 870 Remington.

Receiver is very similar but the 870 has a more streamlined trigger guard.