9 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

By the rubber on the road, it must have taken several tries to get that 'perfect' shot.

Perhaps, the 806 fell off the trailer on the previous takes, because it IS NOT chained down.

They had to put it on the flat bed to get it turned around in the space they had there

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, acem said:

One final pic from a cover of the 72 annual report. 

That could have been me, I was 5 in 72 and had a similar haircut. Nice truck in the background.

Thx-Ace 

default (11).jpg

Lol. Me too!

Here's a pic I've been looking for.

A pic of rice harvest in Arkansas. 503 combine. 806 and early grain cart. Semis in the background. From the 1966 IH annual report. 

I have a Purdy rice cart very similar. Notice the 806 has no fenders or front emblem. It's muddy and they are cutting across the levees (I hate cutting across levees). The 503 has yellow bats on the reel???

From the 1966 IH annual report. 

Below it is a 403 cutting rice from a postcard.

Thx-Ace 

default (66).jpg

s-l1600 (19).jpg

• Like 5

It's very difficult to match speeds and location in a muddy rice field with on the go.  With 4wd on the tractor and combine it helps but forget it with 2wd. I still stop to unload.

Yep. That's Stuttgart in the late 60s? I stole the pic from a postcard for sale on fleabay.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acem said:

8 was continuing to look on the Wisconsin site a found the rest of the pic. Could someone join them back together and post it?

I tried to join the picts, but there's a strip missing apparently, the truck's back tire disappears, plus the colors are slightly different (probably adjustable in the software)

806 on truck joined.jpg

• Like 5

In a rice pics I noticed a few things.

The hand on the 503 is wearing work clothes and nice white shoes. His passenger is dressed too nice. Must be an IH employee. 

The 806 has 83 painted on the weight bracket. It is spaced out for 38 or 40 inch rows typical of southern farms. 

I have the next newer model of purdy rice cart. Mine has a gearbox with side discharge. This model has a u joint and rear discharge.

They have just started the field and the pictured combine is opening up the end. Another combine is cutting inside a levee. I notice two semis at the edge of the field. The cart driver would have to hump it to keep up with the two 503s in rice.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 10:28 PM, acem said:

Here's an artist conception of a future combine and truck from 1977 annual report. The accompanying article is fairly accurate in its predictions. 

default (13).jpg

Isn't that the Probine?

• Like 1