Not a fencerow find, maybe a seawater find🤔

IHhogfarmer

I agree with both Mike and @vtfireman85 when I first saw the pic I found it very interesting and humbling but sad too at the same time. Great time capsules they are. 

18 hours ago, IHhogfarmer said:

This interesting photo was brought to my attention on Facebook yesterday. I’m sure some have seen it but this was taken 17,500 below the sea surface. It’s a 1941 IH still chained to the deck of the USS Hornet CV-8 which was lost on October 27th, 1942 during the battle of Santa Cruz Islands. 

Anyone that knows the Military tractors know what the model is? Looks similar in size to a W-4 or a smaller model for ships. Great picture just wanted to share. 
3E810A45-D7A8-4EAD-9762-318BD981FB9A.thumb.jpeg.f49961273e64ddee4686166af600bb2c.jpeg

Ran when parked.  

I'm sure HyTran would work best. But since it hasn't run for a while, I'm curious,..... should I use 10-30 or would straight 30W be ok?

4 hours ago, dads706 said:

Ran when parked.  

I'm sure HyTran would work best. But since it hasn't run for a while, I'm curious,..... should I use 10-30 or would straight 30W be ok?

10-30 may be a good start. Don’t think straight 30 will cut it lol

On 12/10/2021 at 7:21 PM, snoshoe said:

I sure don't know. Rear chassis could be 4 series. Engine looks ABC. 

like it was mentioned before its a shop mule. basically a Farmall A with the final drives turned 90 degrees to lower it much like the Cub Loboys- I wonder if IH got the idea from Hebard

If you look closely at my pic under the tractor you can see the final drive pan facing frontwards. I took this pics at out Red Iron Show 10 years ago. should have taken better ones

DSCI0138.JPG

DSCI0133.JPG

DSCI0135.JPG

DSCI0136.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...